Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Groups posting announcements

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I am having a few problems with using groups.

Here is my scenario.
I would like a public group that anyone can join.
The group admin must approve them before they can post.
Once joined they can share in discussion and photos.

Only the admin can make an announcement. (right now no one can)

Only the admin can change the group info and photo cover. (right now anyone can)

Members about to create discussions (right now no one can)

From the backend I can change the admin. It goes to a blank page when I change the admin to another member.

Can I have multiple admins to administer the group?

Moderator for America's #1 Travel Community
www.itravel.net
10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Brad,

Ill answer you questions below each of them so it makes it easier to see what applies to what question

I would like a public group that anyone can join.
*****This is done by creating a group but if the group is public then anyone can join without moderation
The group admin must approve them before they can post.
*****The only way you can do this is to make the group a private group then when a user joins they must be approved by a group admin.
Once joined they can share in discussion and photos.
******Yes this is the case once a member is in the group if you have allowed photos and discussion in the admin settings in groups.
Only the admin can make an announcement. (right now no one can)
Only the admin can change the group info and photo cover. (right now anyone can)
******This is possible but you must enable this option in the group settings in admin
Members about to create discussions (right now no one can)
******If discussions are allowed in the group then a member can create discussions
From the backend I can change the admin. It goes to a blank page when I change the admin to another member.
****** There is htaccess on your site so i cannot access your site admin area to look at the problem, please update the site info.
Can I have multiple admins to administer the group?
******Yes, as an admin click on all members link in the group list for that group, and on the right hand side there is a button that lets you make a user a group admin.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński