Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

View Group File Option Missing

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

I haven't found the option to View Group File as it was on previous versions of JS. I searched the forums and I did not find any definite solutions.

Please assist.

Marcos

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

this is a bug, we will fix this in 3.2 stable

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Any idea when this will be released?

I have noticed that our users find JS2 more user friendly, and more functional many menu options are hidden in JS3, but very accessible in JS2. Is there any easy way to use the template from JS2?

The main concern being the options under each group or user profile.. Let me know, as we are considering starting a new template today that will be more user friendly.

Thanks!

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

The beta version 3.2 will be released this weekend or early next week..

No you cant use the old Jomsocial template with the newest one.

We are using the same template for 3.2, but we tweak the flow / UX of sharebox in version 3.2, try this joomla35.ijoomlademo.com/index.php/jomsocial for the demo of alpha version (demo/demo)

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Will have a look, thank you for sharing.. Would you like my feedback on this demo site?

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

You're welcome.. For any feedback I suggest you post to our community page

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

I see that:

a) JS Still does not have the ability to share with other users within the site (HUGE FLAW), the "Share This" option only works with external network.
b) There is no sharebox option to share a web page or a link
c) Couldn't check if the notification icons updated without having to refresh the site
d) Show Group File option does not show
e) Modify Cover cWindow does not autoresize, only on second click.
f) Can only reposition cover after the file is saved (On current release you actually have to refresh to get the reposition button to show)
g) The uploader from the share box, is still different than the uploader from the photo section.
h) Pictures should open up to a lightbox, responsive to touch, not to the actual album, would work best on mobile...

You can copy this and paste it to the community page.

Could I get demos of Guru and AdAgency?

Thanks,

Marcos

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Another thing to note,

You cannot change the avatar using an exisitng picture, you have to upload the picture even if it is already in JS.
If you are in a group and you select a picture to set as your avatar (which is the only way you can do the previous point) it changes the avatar for the user and not for the group.

Forgot to mention that yesterday.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

Thank you we will check them all..
For the last one you can set the avatar from your album page, there is link to "Set as Profile Picture" there

Regarding Guru and AdAgency demo you can check this www.ijoomla.com/demo/

10 years 2 weeks ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hi Marcos.

This issue is already fixed in our latest version 3.2.0.1 so please upgrade your JomSocial and let us know if the problem persists.

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

The option to view files is still missing.

Thanks.

10 years 2 weeks ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

Can you make sure your files is more than 5? if still mode than 5 and still missing, please provide me the FTP access, I will fix this issue directly.

Thank you

10 years 2 weeks ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

this is the patch

1. open this file components/com_community/templates/default/groups.viewgroup.php, add this code :

<?php if( (($isAdmin) || ($isMine) || ($isMember && !$isBanned)) && $isFile) { ?>
				  <li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onClick="joms.file.viewFile('group',<?php echo $group->id?>)"><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_FILES_VIEW_GROUP')?></a></li>

below this code :
<?php if($showEvents){?>
                   <li><a href="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=dispaly&groupid='.$group->id)?>"><?php echo ( $totalEvents == 1) ?  JText::sprintf('COM_COMMUNITY_EVENTS_COUNT',$totalEvents) : JText::sprintf('COM_COMMUNITY_EVENTS_COUNT_MANY',$totalEvents) ; ?></a></li>
                 <?php }?>

2. open this file components/com_community/views/groups/view.html.php, add this code :
->set('isFile', $fileModel->isfileAvailable($group->id, 'group') )

above this code :
/* Set notification counts */
                     ->set('alertNewDiscussion', $my->count('group_discussion_' . $group->id) != $totalDiscussion)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński