Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Required field group assigned to create events

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, sorry but use translator. My question is this: I want that only added to a group users to create events within that group or force when an event is believed to have to specify which group the event belongs. Can it be?. Thank you very much.

EDIT:
Hello again, if I have not solved. I have removed the option to create event in the events section. Specifically I deleted the code: COM_COMMUNITY_EVENTS_CREATE file: components \ com_community \ helpers \ event.php on lines 293 and 501. Now (to my knowledge) users can only create an event adding to a group that also in this group are the Create Event option out.
If it appears that you can create a problem that you have removed the code, please tell me.
If you believe that there is still some place where registered users can create an event without joining a group, also, please tell me.
Thank you very much!

10 years 2 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

HI Amistad.

I think this shouldn't cause any problems, and yup this's really easy way to "force" people to create events only in groups :)

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you very much for your answer. I found another section where code must be removed to get what I want. I put here the place if you serve to someone:
Delete the code: COM_COMMUNITY_SINGULAR_EVENT
\components\com_community\helpers\user.php
00165: $creator->title = JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_SINGULAR_EVENT');

If you do not mind, Chris could tell me a good birthday module work properly with joomla 3.2. And one gift. I'm missing these two things in the page and I can not find good.
Thank you very much in advance Chris

10 years 2 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Amistad.

To be honest I looked on google, and all I could find was the same extension which Dimas found for you. Maybe you could suggest implementing such feature into JomSocial ? You can share the idea with here > uservoice.jomsocial.com and maybe our developers will consider this as something worth to add.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

It is a pity that there is no jurisdiction for this module. Thank you very much Chris. A hug!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński