Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Cannot create a new group category

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • José
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a number of new groups to do this i first need to create group categories. However when i try to create a new group category the button does not work and i am unable to create a new category.

Also when trying to create a new group in the front end user panel i get a number of .php errors as shown below:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/hiprofessionals.com/components/com_community/helpers/category.php on line 29

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/hiprofessionals.com/components/com_community/helpers/category.php on line 131

Warning: array_map() [function.array-map]: Argument #2 should be an array in /home/www/hiprofessionals.com/components/com_community/helpers/category.php on line 134

Warning: array_multisort() [function.array-multisort]: Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in /home/www/hiprofessionals.com/components/com_community/helpers/category.php on line 134

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/hiprofessionals.com/libraries/joomla/html/html/select.php on line 504

Also i haven´t the JQuery plugin instaled.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Yes, error occurs because there are no categories.
I also noticed that there is an error in backend when clicking on "New category" button.

Please add to your first post FTP credentials.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • José
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Michael

Thanks for the quick reply, as you requested the FTP account credentials are indicated.

Another Information, i can´t also create new Categories for Videos and Events.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, José.

Are you sure that FTP credentials are working? I get: ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • José
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Michael please try again.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, José .

Thanks, it's working now - I'm investigating.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, José.

I had to reinstall JomSocial to fix this.
It seems that some js was not unpacked properly before.
I've made a save copy of your previous installation so if any JomSocial customization you made was overwritten you can rstore it from Akeeba safe copy.

Now, modal windows is opened and you can add categories.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • José
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Michael Thanks.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński