Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Unable to Create Group

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Am unable to create any groups from the front-end. The Create Group screen appears, and the confirmation message also appears, but the Group is not created.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Praveen,

I see you are already hacked some jomsocial code right? and use the 3rd party jomsocial template... can you try to use the original Jomsocial code and jomsocial template please?

And please you dont forget upgrade your Jomsocial to the latest version 3.1.0.4

thank you

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,

I have updates Jomsocial (The latest version I could find on the Support Forum is 3.1.0.2) and also changed the template to default. I have not hacked any other files. However, the problem still remains. I still cannot create any groups on the site.

Thank you
Best regards

Praveen

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,

I have updated to the latest version of Jomsocial using the iJoomla Installer. Also reverted to the original template. However, the issue still remains. Request your help, please.

Thank you
Best regards

Praveen

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Please check my screenshoot

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,

Not sure if you got my previous message (I used the Quick Reply button, but I don't see the messages in this thread). The fields on the screenshot come from the Kunena Community Plugin, which allows creation of a Kunena category everytime a Group is Created. I have disabled this plugin but the problem still persists.

Thank you
Best regards

Praveen

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hey Dimas,

I think I figured it out. There's a missing ('hits') column in the akjn_community_groups table. See attached screenshot. When I keep Debug mode on, I got the attached screen. This lead to the solution. There's another post on the Jomsocial Support Forum with the solution to this issue:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/search?q=%22hits...column&childforums=1

I ran the SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `akjn_community_groups` ADD COLUMN `hits` INT(11) UNSIGNED AFTER `storage`;

Now can create Groups.

Thanks for all the help. I am now, one by one, enabling the other plugins to see whether it works. Also reverting to the original template one by one. Will keep you informed.

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mark,

I have reverted to the original (third party - JA social template) and it works fine now. The issue with Group creation was the missing "hits" column in the community_groups table. Have also enabled the other plugins one by one, and tested Group Creation. It works now.

Thanks once again for all the help and support for the past few days.

Regards,

Praveen

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński