Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Uploading Excel File to a Group Discussions

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • james
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

How do I go about uploading an Excel File to a Group Discussions and/or Announcement? I have looked through the settings but can't seem to find it.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hi james.

You should be able to upload such file format to discussion without any problem, just make sure that the xls. is allowed file type in Joomla's user manager.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • james
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

When I go to create new discussion, under insert it says Image, Link, Special Character. There is no option to upload files, attach files. I have looked under the text box as well. I have added the xlsx in the media manager options.

Where is the link at to upload file?

10 years 2 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi James.

First of all make sure that file uploading is allowed in group discussions, so please go to back-end>components>jomsocial>groups>groups settings and make sure that "Enable File Sharing for Discussion " is set to "yes". Also in group edit on front-end make sure that file sharing is enabled in groups.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński