Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Global notification for joining a Private Group (show but 0 count)

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Jomsocial Team,

Not sure if you can replicate the issue, I've just upgraded to the latest version from 3.1.0.1 to 3.1.0.2; I found the global notification doesn't count a private group joining request. (showing 0 even I can see the request in the popup) Please see the picture. Not sure if it is a bug or something.

Also, I found no "pending request" with group pages (both admin and requested user), not sure if this is normal. I still can see the request within the Private Group front page.

You may refer to the screen shots as attached. Thanks.

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Dreamonde,

I think this is not a bug, but our developer made this like facebook notifications.. in Facebook, when you got friend request, a notification will appear on friend request icon, if you clicked that icon, notification will gone even you accept or do nothing with this friend request... :)

Maybe your idea to always show when user didn't respond any invite or something can be our future improvement :)

Warm regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi David / JS Team,

Thanks for your reply. :)

I think my problem is a little bit different. Let me explain in detail as I found the notification (in JS Toolbar and JS Notification Module) provide a different result. Please check out the image as attached.

1) User A Create a private group XYZ
2) User B login, and request to join Group XYZ
3) User A Login; (leave the notification as is)
- with JS toolbar, Global notification shows = 1
- with JS Notification Module, Global notification shows = 0

I guess it's because a different formula (or variable) is used between this two items; toolbar count for Group invitation in global notification. but the module doesn't count (but still can show when click)

Thanks. I just want to help JS for find bugs since JS is a very BIG component I know.

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dreamonde,

Ah i got your point :) thank you for reporting, i will report this issue to our developer so it'll be fix soon :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 weeks ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Warm Regards,

David..

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński