Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

GROUP VIDEOS AND GROUP EVENTS (solved)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVANS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Both video and event links are not working in groups. They do work in profiles though. When I click on videos in the group cover page, it directs me to a page telling me there are no videos. The problem is, it does not show the add button for me to be able to add a video. When I click on videos option below the Recent activities tab on the group page, it only gives me the option to put in a link but not the option to Upload video from my computer.

Secondly, the events work fine in Profiles but when I click on events below Recent Activities on the group page, and fill out the event info, and click on share, I get this message "ACCESS FORBIDDEN". I have already enabled individuals and groups to be able to create and upload videos but the problem is persistent.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Evans.

Could you provide us with exact steps to replicate this issue? It'll help us to debug this problem properly. Some step by step guide will be very useful :)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVANS
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

1. Log in to front end
2. click on any group that i have created e.g. BAPTIST CHURCH
3.Click on videos on the cover image
4. Try to upload or add video on page (NB:you will see that, the add video link is not found on this page)

repeat step 1 and 2
5. On the group page, locate the event tab under Recent Activities
6. Click on the event tab
7. Try and create an event
8 Click on Share (NB: you will find out the the message :ACCESS FORBIDDEN appears)

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi there.

1) the add button is appearing for me, it's there anything I'm missing?
http://s3.amazonaws.com/awesome_screenshot/3795919?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1390792160&Signature=QDn66i2zJ2X30rxApcJ4X6HycJs%3D

2)I saw similar problem, I'll consult with one of our developers about fix for this issue.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVANS
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks Chris, I fixed the other problem too

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Great, could you tell us what was the problem so other customers may find a solution for this issue somewhere on the forum?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVANS
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

The problem was that, if I create the group from the back-end and try to create event for the group, I got the message,ACCESS FORBIDDEN. But If I create the group from the front end, creating event works fine and I don't get that error message

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Thanks Evan.

And since th issues is resolved then let me close and mark this thread as solved , have a great day! and if you need our further help, please feel free to create a new thread.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński