Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

[SOLVED] Group Description field is now gone?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

I tried to create a Group and the field for description is missing? This field was there before I am using a Joomla 2.5 template and I am sure it is not the template as the field was there before! but not it is not

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

For some reason, the plugin jce editor you had chosen in the backend: components > jomsocial > configuration > layout > 'Use Text Editor'. Which doesn't seem to work, it could be permissions problem with JCE, so I suggest going over the configuration of it and making sure users on the frontend are able to use JCE. For the time being I've changed the editor to default JomSocial one and it shows and works fine.

You could also consider upgrading to the latest version of JomSocial. It's awesome.

I hope that helps.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

If I upgrade I loose the photos and things that I have changed?
I have Version: 3.0.4 and it says it is the latest version

NOTE: I saw a video from Jomsocial tips and tricks on how to change the profile background photo to have the "change cover " button on the images, I would like to do this but I dont know where to find the button " Change cover"

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

Upgrade will remove / reset all hacks / custom modifications you've done to JomSocial. Basically if you made a change in the core files they'll be removed. So all custom modifications should be done with: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Customizing_Template and those mods which can't be done with it just make a list to keep track of those mods and re-apply them after the upgrade.

I'm not sure what you mean by that 'Note' of yours, could you please explain a bit more?

Thanks

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

where can I find the button that says "Change Cover Photo" I want to place it on the profile image permantly rather than just the mouse over to prompt members to change the cover photo more often

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
Licenses:

Hi,

You could modify the '/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css' (best do it by template override). Remove 'display:none' and it'll always show. That's the simplest way to do it.

#community-wrap .js-focus-change-cover {
position: absolute;
z-index: 10000;
top: 12px;
right: 12px;
display: none;
cursor: pointer;
}

Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I upgraded as you suggested now facebook connect and registration does not work?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I upgraded as you suggested now facebook connect and registration does not work?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
Licenses:

Hi,

Please open a new thread for the facebook issue in a proper category and we'll check it out. Too many topics in one thread makes the forum not clean and clear to look for a solution to a problem.

Thanks. Marking this one as solved.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński