Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Set group discussions only visible for group members

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi there,

is there any possibility to make group discussions in the activity stream only visible for group members?
That would be veeeery helpful!

Cheers,

Michael

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Michael

There is no such option in backend, but you can simply hack the template file to hide the discussions tab from non-members.
This dont mean users will not be able to access them from other places such stream is.
For that, a complex hack should be built into groups privacy system.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

As I want my page to be upgradable, please tell me: Are you considering to take this feature into an upcoming release?
I think it is a really great and helpful feature.
Who wants to read comments and discussions of groups he is not in, right? :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: yves
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Michael

The frontpage activity stream of JomSocial is designed in such fashion that shows everything that is going on at your site.
When it comes to "public" privacy settings, which are default in JomSocial, i can understand that on some specially big sites some activities may create clutter.
But in this situation, all you have to do is to make group private.
Doing so will only show the stream items for group members..

Unfortunately, we do not have plans to change this behavior anytime soon.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński