Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Group Events and Create Event links not showing

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just upgraded to JomSocial 3.1.01 from 3.0.4 and I'm noticing events links are not displaying on the group pages. First, under the cover photo where members, discussions and announcement counts/links are displayed. Second, the events module under the members module does not show up. Third, the link to create an event in drop-up options menu does not display.

This is the case in the following instances:

1. Registered users cannot view events link/module at any time.
2. Group admin can only view the links/events module/create event link ONLY IF there is a future or ongoing event within that group. If there is no future or ongoing event assigned to that group nothing related to events will show up on the group page.

I looked under the options related to groups and events and did not find anything that could fix these issues.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello John

You need to enable events in groups for the links to show up.
Take a look in the MWC challenge group for instance
You also need to enable module for it to show up
And finally, for the event creating in the group, you must allow members of the groups to add them per individual group setting.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinisa, thanks for your reply.

You need to enable events in groups for the links to show up.

I assume you mean the option in the backend group settings which was already enabled.

You also need to enable module for it to show up

I'm unsure, where is the option to enable event modules on group pages? Do you mean the group option in frontend group edit/create labeled "Enable events sharing"?

And finally, for the event creating in the group, you must allow members of the groups to add them per individual group setting.

I think this is why the events disappeared on group pages without changing settings after I updated. Before, the option "Allow members to create group events" was not required to show events to users. This option, as I understood, is for whether you want to give group members the ability to create events, not whether to display them to users. I thought that is what the first option is for, "Enable events sharing ".

This was changed since I updated and I think it's a bug. "Allow members to create group events" should not be required to display them but should do only as it says. I want users to see group events but not allow them to create them. Please advise the dev team to look into this.

thanks for your help

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello John

1. You need to enable events in every individual group for links to show up
2. Same as you enable any other Joomla module in Joomla module manager. You can not however, enable it groups pages. Modules in joomla dont work that way.
3. You need to enable event sharing in a group setting in order for that specific group to have events feature. You are not required to set "Allow members to create group events" in order to see events

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

All of my groups had events enabled in the options prior to upgrading and they displayed the event links. After upgrading, the group settings remained unchanged and the links disappeared which means something changed.

Group events settings were...
Enable events sharing :checked:
Allow members to create group events :unchecked:

Now after upgrading, the only way I can get events links to display on group pages to regular users, non group admins, is to check the "Allow members to create group events." Unless I'm missing another option, that option is the only way I can get users to see the links. If I uncheck that option, ONLY the group admin can see events links.

Examples
Group A does not display events links (Only to group admin)
Allow members to create group events :unchecked:

Group B displays events links (But only to group members)
Allow members to create group events :checked:

The same holds true for the test group you created. If you login with regular credentials (username: decampo42 / password: bullfn) and you will see events (contests) links disappear for that group.

So before upgrading, all I had to check was "enable events sharing" and all users could see events links regardless of group membership. This is how I want it to display again so I have control over event creation but still display their links. Why did this behavior change?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello

Please try this

Open ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/groups.viewgroup.php
At line 94 find this code

<?php if($showEvents){?>
Replace it with
<?php if($allowCreateEvent || $config->get('group_events')){ ?>
Do the same on line 420 in a same file

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinisa,

Your edit got the events links to show up under the group cover photos again. Now what about the events module that shows up under the the group members module? The one that shows upcoming/onoing events in the group or empty if none.

much thanks

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi John

Have you read my entire post?

Do the same on line 420 in a same file

The following user(s) said Thank You: John Leake
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

My mistake, that solves it. Thank you! I hope the devs add these changes back.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński