Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Activity does not get displayed in group.

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have created a private group. in the group, none of the activities are displayed when I enter the activity and click on share button.

Also, when I click on load more button, nothing gets loaded. There are lot of activities in the group to show.

Please help me out.

10 years 4 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Sita.

I just shared a status in private group "PMB98" so everything seems to work just fine. Is there anything I'm missing?

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just logged in as admin and could see all posts and also was able to load more streams!!!!

But, when I login with my ID, it does not work. Am I missing anything on my preferences?

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

What I have observed is that when I (as a user) logges in, I cannot see the activities on the private group. But when I make the group public, I am able to see all the streams and activities.

Could you help me out what kind of settings do I have to do to make sure that in Private group, members can see the stream/activity?

If I am logging in as admin of the site, then everything is visible (as he is the site admin)

10 years 4 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Sita.

Bassicaly only members of private groups, are able to see activities from such groups(and admin users of course..)and to be honest, there's no way to change this behaviour.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Let me rephrase my issue.

- I am a user (sridhar) in my website who is a regular user. I am also a member of the private group called PMB98.
- When I post a message message in the group, the recent activity page does not display posted message.
- When I click on 'More" button in the home page of the private group (PMB98), the old activities DO NOT load.

The above behavior is observed for all the other members of the private group.

Attachment PrivateGroupissue.png not found

The above behavior is does not get replicated when the user is logged in as 'admin'.

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Sita.

TO be honest I'm not to replicate this problem, I joined group PMB98 and I shares status "test" and everything seems to work just fine. Maybe I'm missing something?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

DO NOT use 'admin', but use other user. You can use username: 'sridhar' (please reset the password in the admin section for this user)

Once you are logged in as NON-ADMIN user, you should be able to replicate the issue.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Ah, now I can see the problem. Hm...It seems that activity is saved into datanase, but it'ss not shown somehow. Could you try to replicate this problem on our demo or community page?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Chris,

I just checked the demo site and it works fine!!! Am I missing something in the settings for the group?

Could you help me in fixing this please?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I don't think it's caused by some setting, however it may be caused by some custom extension, so since it looks like an javascript conflict and it's not happening on fresh install of Joomla and JomSocial, then I suggest to set your site under maintenance mode, and try to disable all extensions exept of those listed below also try to switch to default Joomla/JomSocial template, in such way you should be able to track this problematic extension. You can also try to download whole page on your hdd and create an copy of it on some dev domain, and there disable all extensions.

Authentication - Joomla!
User - Joomla!
Azrul System Mambot For Joomla
jomsocial facebook connect

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have that tried as well.

Before that, I wanted to get this in to your notice. I was trying to access the same page on a windows (IE browser) and found a JS error message. Attached is the screen shot for the same. This may be helpful to trouble shoot more.

Surprisingly, here are my observations.

- This "activity not displaying" works properly on home page. There is no issues at all when I click on 'more' on the home page.
- There is no issue at all when the group is public. Clicking on 'more' button.
- This issue is observed only for private groups!!!

Attachment ScreenShot2013-12-29at9.13.56PM.png not found

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Sita.

Could you maybe try to replicate this problem on our demo or community page?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński