Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Events do not display in module future events to come

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
1°) I have an event added to the calendar (to be be on 1st and 2nd February): www.adinvest-international.eu/en/?option...viewevent&eventid=11
and it doesn't show in the list of events to come. (module "Events" display din the bottom side column).

2°) No events is displayed under the "All events" option of the Events in the menu bar. Only Past events are displayed when you click on the option past events (the past events do not show in the All events option).

Regards
yves

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Everything looks to be configured correctly, so it must be a problem in code. I've already asked for an FTP access in Your other question, so as soon as I'll be able to log in I'll take a closer look to this problem as well.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr,

for info I indicated you the ftp access in the other post.
:-)

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I've just finished talking to one of the programmers and reverted the core hack I've done previously to make it show. Problem is a configuration matter. Event is assigned to a private group, so only members of this group can see it. I advice to make a public group and assign an event to it. It will mean that users willing to attend the event will also need to join this group, but this is the best way to make it visible for everyone.

Attachments:
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
Thank you Piotr for your feedback.
I will see with the users what is their preference/how to organise.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr,

do you also have a feedback for the point 2°) of the initial ticket?
regards
yves

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi

Problem with 2°) is same as with 1°). When I commented out the part of the query responsible of checking if user looking at the event is a part of the group this event is attached to than events appeared in this place as well. So it's all about configuration, to make event's group public or make the user a part of the group the event is published.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr,

No, I don't think it is the same problem.
for the Point 2, when you click on All events as anonymous user, nothing is displayed. But, if you click on the the "Past events", then you see a list of past events well. So to me, when you click on All events, you should see the Past events as well.
If the "All events" is only for the active or future events, then the title is mis-leading. We should then have 3 tabs: "All events", "Active events" and "Past events". If not, we should see all the events under "All events" tab, which is not the case currently.

Example of nothing displayed using "All events":

Example of Past events existing despite they are not shown with the option All events:

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi

Yes I agree, the name "All events" is misleading. This should be called "Available events" or something like that.
Anyway I've tried to set the permissions for groups and events, but with users being a part of multiple groups with multiple permission groups as well it's impossible, so I've brought back the previous solution when groups attachments cross permissions are ignored.

What I've done exactly:
Edited file /components/com_community/models/events.php starting from line 395 I've commented out the code:

/*if ($type != CEventHelper::GROUP_TYPE) {
$extraSQL .= ' AND (g.' . $db->quoteName('approvals') . ' = ' . $db->Quote('0') . ' OR g.' . $db->quoteName('approvals') . ' IS NULL';

$extraSQL .= ' OR (g.' . $db->quoteName('approvals').'='. $db->Quote('1')
.' AND (SELECT COUNT(' . $db->quoteName('groupid').') FROM ' . $db->quoteName('#__community_groups_members')
.' as t WHERE t.'.$db->quoteName('memberid'). '=' . $db->quote($user->id)
.' AND t.'.$db->quoteName('approved').'='. $db->Quote('1')
.' and t.'.$db->quoteName('groupid').'=g.'.$db->quoteName('id').') > 0) ';

if (!empty($userId) && ($userId == $my->id)) {
$extraSQL .= ' OR b.' . $db->quoteName('memberid') . '=' . $db->Quote($userId);
}

$extraSQL .= ')';
}*/

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński