Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Filter events by city or country

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to order events by city, town or country.

I would like to use it on a website with a lot of different cities so then this is almost impossible to search events only in your city...

How can i filter events only in New york or London please? I don't want to use location as itis for an exact adress not city or country...

Thank you for your help

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

The only solution is you need make that city as category, so you can filter the city based on category.

thank you!

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Would it be possible to create cities instead of categories and having categories as subcategories?

Kind of crazy but i need both, categories and cities to filter the events on my site.

So last question, is it something that you will work on in a close future ? Having categories and a field for cities for example? or custom field?

Thank you for your answers again.

6 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I am sorry we dont have plan for it for now..
For the solution maybe you can use module "JS Nearby Events Search", with it you can filter the event based on the location.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński