Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Convert "Events" to "GameTime"

7 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Publisher Active AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Greetings Pro's,
I have a very good one for you today. I conceived a new application that I have been attempting to add to my site, www.madd-talent.com and it's called MADD Talent GameTime. To make is simple to understand what it is, its a JomSocial Event, that has a screen similar to Twitter. A simple screen that shows the most current post at the top with the members avatar next to it, so the readers know who posted the comment.
This is a concept that I came up with a little over a year ago and have tested and it worked great as far as grabbing attention on the internet. So for the past several months I have been trying to piece all of this together to get it to work, but can't seem to get exactly what I want. Today, I was looking at the JomSocial Events home page for just one of my scheduled events and realized something. THE BRILLIANT JOMSOCIAL PROGRAMMERS HAVE DONE WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO ALREADY.
Now, here is the very interesting part to this. There is another company that is in a race with me and attempting to do the same thing. It's not important how I know, but I know. Not only are they in a race do this, they are selling affiliations at .99 a pop and they are selling them like crazy and I know this as I watched an online podcast for just one of there fundraisers. I am a single income family with 5 kids. This concept was mine and is mine. I came up with this and I want to get it out first. I need your help to do it as I can't program.
But, I have a plan that will make this VERY simple for you all to put together for me and I suspect you can do it in less than a day. Currently you have a plug-in or module for the "Events" and it has it's own menu item on the JomSocial Menu Bar. My plan is very simple. If you all can take the "Events" module, plug-in, whatever it is and just copy it and rename it GameTime, it will be exactly what I am trying to do. I will attach some photo's I created to give you a better idea as to what I am talking about.
Below is the typical JomSocial Even screen exactly as it appears when an event is opened.

Below this is the modified JomSocial Events screen with the simple changes that can make this work exactly as I need it to work with a couple of key and simple modifications.

1. The "Going" module has been moved off the Event's page and to the left side zone. This "Going" would be renamed to "Players" and anyone that registers to attend the Event and is logged in, will appear here. If possible, it would be nice if it showed there JomSocial Points next to the Avatar somewhere, but not necessary.
2. The "Map Location" module is removed completely as it's not needed for this.
3. Most importantly, the comment post window is extended all the way to the left side of this "Evens" window to be the same size as the cover image.
4. Lastly, the cover image for this active MADD Talent GameTime, (Events) page can be reduced in size as well, but again, it's not required, it would just be nice as it leaves more readable comments to be seen below.

I know this is not what you all normally do, but this MADD Talent GameTime app is already being programmed by another company to work exactly as your Event's page works and that I have on my website, www.madd-talent.com and I want to beat them to the punch. They are selling thousands of subscriptions to MY Idea and I need to get this done ASAP. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, help me to do this. If needed, I will pay you to do this for me and you can have all the IP rights to it when it's done if you want them. Trust me on this, I have already spoken to several Pro Teams in the US and they love this idea. This will put MADD Talent on the map and could easily go viral.
Pro's, I need your help. If you can't do this, tell me how to do it. It can't be that difficult as you have all the code already done for this. Tell me who can do it if you can't do it for me as this is going to be huge and I think the JomSocial Pro's could do this in a matter of a couple days when this competing company is just getting started and won't be ready for at least 60 days. I need this badly so any assistance in putting this together will be appreciated.

Thanks,

David
Image Error Message: I am trying to attach two pictures but keep getting the below message.
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Thank you for contacting us.
Usually we don't support extended customizations as per our Support Policy.
But I'm willing to help you with this as changes doesn't seem to be so complicated.

Could you attach pictures in some other way e.g by hosting them at imgsafe.org/
Just choose a photo, click upload - it will appear at the bottom. Then click on photo and copy URL.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

MIchal,
Man I can't thank you enough. I have uploaded the images onto imgsafe.org and my <removed for security reason>. Michal, I will appreciate you helping me in this more than you can imagine. I have already been speaking to 3 NFL teams about this concept and they love it.
So you know what we plan to do: If we can get this up and working, these professional football teams in the NFL plan to create accounts on MADD Talent, and then while the games are on TV and being played live, they will be watching. When a member post a comment, picture or video, they plan to take this comment, the MADD Talent members avatar and the MADD Talent logo and URL and post it on the stadium big screen, which will be seen on TV all around the world instantly. So please understand that this is HUGE! This means that our sports related social media site, www.madd-talent.com is going to be getting free exposure on one of the worlds largest venues.
I have spoken with 3 teams, the New England Patriots, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Dallas Cowboys. So you know, the Dallas Cowboys alone have the wolds largest jumbo tron TV in the world. LOL! Just these three teams alone have a TV rating of over 10 million people during their live games. I plan to speak to all 32 NFL teams before the season begins in 50 days. I mentioned the other company that is trying to do the same thing and they are selling these affiliations for .99 each and are selling these by the thousands already. What they are trying to do is almost exactly like what you Pro's have done with JomSocial's Events screen, with the modifications that I displayed in the images I uploaded, but, what I outlined is much better than what these guys are attempting, but because what I am proposing uses the JomSocial foundation which is already proven to work great and looks fantastic.
Trust me, I realize that this may be more than the standard customization work that you Pro's normally do. To make this better for JomSocial in doing this work with me and for me, I am more than happy to make sure that JomSocial gets all the credit for this. By this I mean, we can leave some kind of JomSocial link within this new module so that when it's seen on TV during these live broadcast, they will not only see MADD Talent, but they can see something like "Created by JomSocial" or whatever you prefer would indicate that this technology is JomSocial's giving you all the credit you deserve.
Again, I plan on offering this to all 32 NFL teams and the number of people just in the US alone that watch NFL football during the season that will start in 50 days is around 56 million people. Now, I also plan to share this with all the Major League Baseball teams, all the National Basketball teams, all the National Hockey teams and all the professional soccer teams. This means that if they all use this, it will be seen all over the world by hundreds of millions of people. The exposure from this will be amazing for MADD Talent and JomSocial.
This one application could make MADD Talent go viral and I could go from just under 500 members to millions in a matter of days with this. I took the time to explain this because I realize that what I have asked for is not normal for you all, but you guys really are the best at this stuff and I am absolutely sure that if anyone can do it, its you pro's at JomSocial. Anyway, thank you for at least looking into this. If you don't do this, I understand and I know I was asking a lot from you.

Thanks,

David Martin

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Please, check your event now - is this what you requested?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

MIchal,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Yes, this is almost exactly what I want GameTime to look like. I can't believe you got this so good. Well, yes I can. I knew you could and that's why I asked, but I still can't believe what I wanted was for the most part, already here by you all. Now, I will close this ticket because you gave me exactly what I asked for by it you have a minute, can you answer another question for me? Is it possible to make this "Players" window look like the attached image? I would like to show the members name and there current MT Score. The MADD Talent score is nothing more than what JomSocial list as "User Points"
My plan is to modify the way members get user points so that as they make comments, they get a point and this will be indicated next to their member avatar under Players. If this could be added, it's perfect. If you can't, I understand completely and know I will need to hire someone to add this for me. Unless you can send me some instructions on how I can do it.
None the less, this is exactly what I needed and I can't thank you enought.

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński