Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Events component is unable to meet our type of event needs

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Melanie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Our organisation requires more options than the current events module allows. For example, we need more control over what is displayed in the event component.

We hold various types of events:

1. Regular events (that the Jomsocial component currently caters for i.e with a date, times and location details)

2. Events that we want to publicise for at least 2 months beforehand, but will not have dates and times yet - these we need to display as To Be Confirmed (i.e. date/time to be confirmed, and location to be confirmed)

3. Events that do not require specific dates, times or locations, but require visitors to apply via an application form

4. Events where links are provided to a third party booking system (i.e. eventbrite) so in these circumstances, should not display the attendee counts, or the Going/Not Going

5. The option to control the views for all event types - specifically to be able to hide attendees and the going/not going buttons

In its current state, the Jomsocial events is becoming increasingly difficult for us to use (without lots of code hacks).

What is the likelihood or us ever being able to apply the above with Jomsocial? Why I ask, is I may need to look at alternative solutions for our community/events so that I can better meet the needs of our organisation.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Do any other Jomsocial users have similar needs?

Kind regards

Mel

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

your requirements doens't fit with jomsocial design. it's hard to implementing with jomsocial.
so far no jomsocial users asked this requirement.

my suggestion, please looking for other joomla extensions that related with events, not sure there is an extension that match with your needs or not :-(

Regards

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Melanie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi ALbertus,

thanks for reply.

For now, can I at least make the location, date and time fields none mandatory?

Mel

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Melanie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi ALbertus,

thanks for reply.

For now, can I at least make the location, date and time fields none mandatory?

Mel

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

for location it can. but for datetime it cant. because if datetime got empty value, the event will be appear as past events.
users cant see it at main events list.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński