Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Without Embed.ly activated saving Event ends with Error 0 (Jomsocial 4.2.1)

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sascha
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Without embed.ly activated in JS backend under index.php?option=com_community&view=configuration&cfgSection=integrations, saving a new event ends up in error 0 (did not happen before in version 4.2 or earlier versions)
2 I activated embed.ly in JS backend so my problem ist fixed for now (hope you fix this error in next release so I can disable embed.ly again)
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please check it. I put this fix:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/332...ing-jomsocial#160818

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I cant relicate it on your site, can you set your Joomla configuration -> Debug System to yes, and save the event, you will get the error infomration on it... please let me know what do you get on it.

thank you

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sascha
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albertus, hi Dimas,

thank you for your hints. I installed the user.php fix Albertus suggested but the Error 0 stayed the same. I still get an Error 0 when Embed.ly in JS backend ist not activated. I activated Embed.ly again and the problem Error 0 with saving new event is gone. As mentioned above this error came up with JS 4.2.1 and did not exist an earlier JS versions.

I examined the new events itself. I noticed that this Error 0 only happens if an URL (!) is in the event you link to save and Embed.ly is OFF (!) in JS backend. Still looks like the new implemented Embed.ly code causes the problem. But you can skip this error switching Embed.ly in JS backend to ON (!). Not ideal but a working temporary solution.

Dimas, if you like to replicate the error try mentioned steps above, use the provided admin and user login information and the steps above. Please let me know if you still need certain debug informations you can't examine yourself.

My configuration is Joomla 3.5.1, Jomsocial 4.2.1 on Php7

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I dont see any error, but the save is failed, without any message.. i think this issue caused by 3rd party plugin like eticket.. I tried this on my local with or without embedly the saving event is working fine.

thank you!

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sascha
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

thank you for your investigation. As this error 0 appeared after upgrading from JS 4.2 to JS 4.2.1, and the rest of the system did not change, I will just leave the JS setting for Embed.ly on active in my configuration.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński