Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Invite friends does not work for events

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Members have been complaining they are not getting email notifications when I invite them to new events. I have found that if I "Select All" in the "Invite friends" window then JomSocial says they are invited, but no emails are sent. If I check the mail queue in the back end no emails are sent.

If I create an event and then click on invite friends and type a single persons name in the text box at the top then it works, and I can see that an email has been sent by checking the mail queue.

It just will not send invites to multiple friends. Also when I open the invite friends window, by default all of my friends are already selected. It did not used to be like this.

Please help, as I cannot figure out how to fix this!

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tara.

I confirm it's a bug.
I report it to our developers.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tara Allin
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Many thanks for the prompt support. It's strange that nobody else has reported this, I've searched through the forums, and haven't seen it reported.

I know it's rude to ask for an eta, but I hope this problem is resolved soon, as it is causing me problems, as most members rely on the email notification, as they do not log on to the site regularly.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tara.

I hope this will be fixed before end of this month as we'd like to release hot fix for JomSocial 3.2.0.6... and it should contain this fix also... but I can't say it for sure. It's up to PO.

I'll update this thread with patch files or information about available update for JS.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Many thanks Michal!

I will eagerly await for the hot fixes :-)

Thanks,
Tara.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tara.

Replace this file:
components/com_community/controllers/system.php
(Make a safe copy before replace).

Test it and post results here.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Michal, that appears to work, I now have sent invitations in the mail queue in the backend. One person has accepted the invitation (I've only just created the event), so it looks very promising.

If any other issues arise concerning this I will post back here.

Many thanks to all of the JomSocial team for their great support! :-)

Tara.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I can confirm that this issue is fixed! Many thanks to Michal and all involved!

Tara.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński