Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Event avatar

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

How do I get a custom image for an event to show up in the activity stream, instead of the generic gray calendar image?

See the attached screen shot for the image that I circled. Instead of the generic calendar image, how can I get a small, event-specific image to that event to show there?

I went to that event's page and uploaded a custom cover photo and a custom avatar (a photo of a flag). But those don't show in the activity stream.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
9 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

hi Rob,

That modification is very tricky, not only code php code you need to edit but also html and css file, I am sorry i cant help for this, I suggest you hire the 3rd party dev www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers to achive this.

thank you

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you for your reply.

I am surprised that it would be so tricky; I assumed it would be just similar to showing a small version of a user avatar on the Activity Stream, except that it would use the event's avatar or logo.

9 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

well, the current image is using css not image, so you need edit it too.. I give you the pointer to edit this file activities.events.create.php

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

OK thank you.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński