Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Need to build functional events map

10 years 3 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Eugene
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello!
I want to build a functional map with events.
Current map "Map Location" in events section is not perfect. It shows only marker with current event. Besides there is no option to get full view of map on site (Show Full Map option redirect to www.google.com/maps/preview ? , but I need that map full size displays on my site).

I want functional map, that will display all events markers. Besides, when user will click on marker, he will get information about event in pop-up window (like in google maps). In this window will be event description and link to event, where user can buy ticket for event.

Here is approximate example of what I need.
rockmusiciansmap.com/
On that example, markers show geo location of people who are searching partners for a musical groups.
On my map will be markers with events.

Before, I wanted to use hotspots component ( compojoom.com/joomla-extensions/hotspots ) , but there is no opportunity to integrate it with events and show event markers.

Please, give me any advices, how can I realize this task?
Are there some ready-made solutions?
Thank You, Eugene.

10 years 3 days ago
Licenses:

Hi, Eugene.

1. You may try this extension: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ial-extensions/13130
2. You may hire a developer to develop event map extension for you: www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers
3. You could request a feature: uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-feature-request

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński