Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Possible error on events/view.html.php

10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I think there is an error on this page: views/events/view.html.php
After line 142 ALL the php code is in black.
line 42 is: //$script = '<script type="text/javascript" src=" maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false "></script>' ;
If you remove the </script>' ; part, the proper colour coded php returns to normal. I think the //comment is not correctly taking out the line.

Is that an error on the page?

The reason I'm asking is this:
In the previous JomSocial 3.1 I was adding $category->name in these files so I could display the category names when browsing through the Video, Events and Group catgeories.
When I upgraded to Jomsocial 3.2 I was happy to see the Category titles appearing in Groups and Videos , but couldn't understand why they did not appear at the top of the Events.

In Jomsocial 3.2 the 'Group Category:CATEGORY NAMES' are displaying correctly (via $category->name) at the top of ALL Groups pages and 'Video Categories: CATGORY NAMES' on the ALL Video pages. However, Event Category Name is NOT being displayed at all.

SO before I try and fix this, can someone tell me if the above problem is causing the category names not to appear in events?

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Maz01,
you can remove the commented code as you mentioned above.
And it should not affect with $category->name
Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: maz01
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński