Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Please provide event time explanation

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Pat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I see several topics regarding event time zones. I don't want to hijack someone else's post as their situation may be different. It seems like there is a lot of confusion regarding server/Joomla/Jomsocial time zones.

Let's say that we have two Jomsocial installations on the same server. One installation is for a group in America/New_York and another in America/Los_Angeles. According to what I have read, you state the server should always be set to UTC. Is that correct? If so, please provide the desired settings for Joomla global configuration and any other relevant settings. Does Jomsocial or Joomla automatically determine the user's time zone based on their browser or computer settings?

Both of these examples are for mainly local members. Is there a way to set the default time zone in the drop down to their time zone so they don't have to change from London on every entry?
Thanks

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Pat
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Can anyone help?

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Pat
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have changed both the server and Joomla time zones to UTC and it made no difference. It assumes the viewer (or maybe the creator) is in Europe/London.

I was scheduled to launch this site yesterday but can't until I get this resolved.

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Pat.

Please, don't reply yourself by adding new posts - this will hide your post from "No Anwser list and we could lost track of it. If you want to add something - just edit your previous post.

Here is explanation from developer:

"Server time must always be UTC or 0 regardles of the current location.
Joomla setting should be set to desired timezone."

Default time zone set to London is a bug.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 week ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi there.

This issue is already fixed in our upcoming release, which should be released very soon.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński