Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Where does Jomsocial do geolocation and store lat/lng in database

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Matthew
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I need to override the latitude/longitude that Jomsocial stores in the database for event locations.
Clearly the 'location' field in the event creation form is geolocated to lat/lng and that is stored in the database. I need to know which file this geolocation takes place so that if the location matches certain criteria I override the location with different lat/lng values.

This might seem odd, but I'm using the 'location' field for 2 purposes, the user can enter a location as normal, or they can select a route that the event will follow (in which case I inter the route ID for the location). In most cases (except the Frontpage for some reason), I've been able to interept the location on page loads and replace locations with routse, as necessary, but I have not been able to set the lat/lng correctly yet and so the 'nearby' search doesn't find these events...

Thanks for your help.

Matthew.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Matthew,
Though I am experiencing 403 forbidden at your site.
It may restricted to view from my location.
But here the database table where geolocation is saving for certain purposes
#__community_activities
#__community_events
#__community_location_cache
#__community_photos_albums
#__community_users
#_community_user_status
#__community_videos

Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Matthew
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Asraf,
Yes, you'd need an Aust proxy, but logging in won't help with my question, as the site is working as expected... what I meant was, which file do I need to access? Which file sends the lat/lng to the database for events, not which database table stores it, as I need to override the data sent to the database.
Matthew

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Matthew,
Though it is difficult on which portion you need to customize geo location but I will recommend to you to search with word like "latitude" or "longitude" under root/components/"com_community" directory.
Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński