Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial 3.0.1.4 - Create Events form missing Description form field

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Matt
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

I see this error happening on earlier versions of JomSocial, but I don't *think* it happened to me until I updated to 3.0.1.4.

Please check the code for that version and see if a patch is needed, because my users can't create proper event listings without it, and events are a big part of what my site is about.

I've already tried the solution presented here, without success:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/11175-des...issing-in-edit#55815

And my events.forms.php file already seems to have the code fix suggested in this thread:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/7744-edit...ssing?start=14#38394

So that's not the culprit either. Your swift response to this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Matt,
I have informed to recheck the issue. As soon as they conform me, I will let you know.
Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Matt,
The necessary fix is already included with our latest version.
Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Matt
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Well unless you have a version later than 3.0.1.4 that you haven't advertised, I'd kindly ask you to look again, because that's the version I am currently running, and I'm experiencing the problem.

Thanks.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matt,
As I am seeing you are using the latest version (3.1.0.4)
and it is included the fix as you mentioned earlier with another forum post link.
If you are still experiencing the problem then please come with the link and screenshot.
Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Matt
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Here's a screen shot:

Attachment screencap_events_description.jpg not found

I've included account information for you, which you'll need to get to the "create event' page.

But I'm telling you that 3.0.1.4 still has the problem on my site, just like what I'm seeing in several other threads that were supposedly fixed.

Matt

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the screenshot.
There may not have placed the exact code for some reason.
I need to check at code level. Please fill up the ftp info by editing your first post.
Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Matt
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I've updated the FTP access to allow you to directly interact with the files. Please be careful, make backups and work only from copies. Thank you for your help.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matt,
I have checked with several test and finally found that it is causing with current template "JA Mitius".
Please check the attached file
Since it is causing with third party template, we are unable to support for this issue.
Thanks

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Matt,
We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions related with this topic, simply reply to this post.
Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński