Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Display My Events only on a different page

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

So am attempting to great a simple digital poster page that I can display on a digital signage screen
I want to know how I can place the MY events (only) on a page

So I think I need to know how to take this:
My Events ( index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=myevents&userid=xxx ) - This page shows all of the user’s own events created by the user.

and display it in a single module on a page, it would be helpful if someone could explain how I can do this as explain how I may adjust the size of the my Events content if needed.
the page would be like this www.cmptv.ca/en/ads-for-access/free-wifi...tagshead-promo/?tp=1

please be detailed I am a novice TY

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

You have the upcoming event module, you can use this to achive this, and hack the code to make it what your needs.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

that answer means nothing to me please explain in detail how this is to be done?

hacking code as an answer is not a valid response for paid support in my opinion, do you think so?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

well.. I afraid the misunderstanding here, may I know the detail screenshoot what do you want to do, please?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

JOMSOCIAL HAS 2 EXISTING Events Modules that I can move to different positions throughout my site,
1. MODULE EVENTS
2. MODULE UPCOMING EVENTS

I am looking for an events Module for MY EVENTS that I can place anywhere on my site and displays only the events entered by the specific Jomsocial member ( this need to display without the user being logged in)

Here is why for EXAMPLE:

I have a Concert Venue that has numerous events all the time and we want to have them enter these events in Jomsocial so that they can then be displayed on digital signage - similar to what you see in the attachment :

This need to be displayed with out the user actually needing to be logged in.,
I dont do code so please explain in detail, and please note we need to do this for more than one site member we need to be able to do this for each site member.

My Events ( index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=myevents&userid=xxx ) - This page shows all of the user’s own events created by the user. Record www.cmptv.ca/en/events/149-raja

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I am sorry we dont have it..i suggest you edit the upcoming event and hack it, you can see the code/copy the code from plugin my event/in my event page

Sorry i cant help you too much because this is beyond pur support

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired

You might want to check this out:

extensions.joomla.org/index.php?option=c...jcw&cb=1389764823372

I believe it will do what you wish. I've invested some money into getting a slide show made to display fliers for different events. Let me know if you are interested in it.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

this link only takes me to the joomla extension ondex?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired
10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Thank you Arthur for great modules :)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

That link is a 404 error

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

please check this one www.minitek.gr/joomla-extensions/jomsoci...module-for-jomsocial

This module has no documentation on the Extension but does have an internal Help resource . I will look to that :-)

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Since this is the 3rd party extension, so if you have any issue I suggest you contact to that extension developer.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński