Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Event page's "share" icon translation not working

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Poteto
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Event page's "share" icon translation does not work.
Other page's share icons translation are O.K.

Attachment error_eventpage_share.PNG not found

Attachment error_otherpage_share.PNG not found

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello

There is a hardcoded string in ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/events.viewevent.php on line 95

<li><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="joms.bookmarks.show('<?php echo CRoute::getExternalURL( 'index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=viewevent&eventid=' . $event->id ); ?>')" ><i class="js-icon-share"></i>share</a></li>
please change it to
<li><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="joms.bookmarks.show('<?php echo CRoute::getExternalURL( 'index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=viewevent&eventid=' . $event->id ); ?>')" ><i class="js-icon-share"></i><?php JText::sprintf('COM_COMMUNITY_SHARE') ?></a></li>

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Poteto
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinisa,

Thank you for your advice.
I tried to change as follows:

<li><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="joms.bookmarks.show('<?php echo CRoute::getExternalURL( 'index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=viewevent&eventid=' . $event->id ); ?>')" ><i class="js-icon-share"></i><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_SHARE')?></a></li>

I changed
<?php JText::sprintf('COM_COMMUNITY_SHARE') ?>
to
<?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_SHARE')?>

Because
<?php JText::sprintf('COM_COMMUNITY_SHARE') ?>
doesn't work.

So, I just copy & paste from groups.viewgroup.php.
Now, icon translation is working.
Thank you very much !

In my case, just fine.
But, could you please fix it in next version ?

Poteto

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Yes, this will be fixed for version 3.1.1

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński