Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Change my supported domain

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

Please can you change my supported domain from musicity.nl to urblife.nl

Many thanks,

Marc

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marc.

Done, now your supported domain is: urblife.nl.
Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm happy to help.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marc
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

This is perfect thank you so much.

I do have one small issue that I have been trying to resolve but cannot figure out at all.

I have placed the activity stream and the video module on the front page of my website and the videos do not play. The appear blank in Chrome and Firefox. They do however play on my android cell phone from the front page. All the videos function perfectly on the community page itself.

My frontpage is : www.urblife.nl ( The modules are about halfway down )

<removed for security reason>

Would you happen to know why they do not play on the front page in a web browser but do on a cell phone android browser ?

I have tried disabling various modules and troubleshooting etc but I cannot get them to work. I also tried all the settings and permissions but again to no avail. I have hope they will as they do work on a cell phone. I was thinking maybe it is javascript related not not too sure ?

If I need to open a new ticket as I know this is not a billing issue then please let me know and I can do that,

Any help of advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Marc

Urblife

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marc.

I checked that issue and I was able to replicate it.
It happens only at frontpage.
Console displays: Provided type ("type" attribute) form "video/youtube" is not supported. Loading of multimedia source multimedialnego www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAsTlnjvetI failed.

I assign developer to investigate this issue further.
He'll contact you ASAP.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marc
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help and speedy support,

Regards

Marc

Urblife.nl

7 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marc,

I get 3rd party conflict on your site, so I disabled matukio component.

1582 - Incorrect parameter count in the call to native function 'radians' SQL=SELECT id, ( 6371 * acos( cos( radians() ) * cos( radians( `lat` ) ) * cos( radians( `lng` ) - radians() ) + sin( radians() ) * sin( radians( `lat` ) ) ) ) AS distance FROM #__matukio_locations WHERE published = 1 HAVING distance <= 25

anyway, regarding your issue.. I just tested it and everything is fine for me..

thank you!

Attachments:
7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marc
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,

Argggh you have taken down the core function of my website by removing a component. I do appreciate you were trying to resolve the issue but disabling a plugin or module is different to removing a component without asking me first. This is really not good !

My website hosts events so you have removed that functionality which now has a huge knock on effect to automated process that have been set.

The videos always worked in the community this was not an issue. It was the videos from the module on the front page as per my ticket. These still do not work so removing the component has caused a huge issue and not fixed the problem.

I now have to restore my whole site which is a massive undertaking.

Please can you escalate this to a supervisor as I need to know where we can go from here,

Regards

Marc
A broken urblife website !

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marc.

Dimas just disabled component - didn't removed it. We don't remove users site elements without their knowledge.
Browse to backend -> Extensions -> Extensions manager and type in search field name of the component.
You should find it on the list and you'll notice that it has red dot - it's disabled.
Just click on the dot and it will enable again.
All component features will re-appear.

Please, check and confirm if it's fine.

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marc
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

Ahh okay then this is not as bad as I suspected. I have since restored the site to yesterdays data so all appears working again,

Please send my apologies to Dimas for the momentary panic !

Disabling the event component did not actually fix the issue as the videos on the modules front page still do not work.

Are there any other thoughts to be able to get these to work ? If not then I will just have to remove them from the front page of the site,

Regards

Marc
Urblife.nl

7 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marc,

I am sorry I didint ask you the permission to disabled that component, because it totally break your site and I cant test it :)

Anyway, would you mind provide me the screenshoot of your issue please? it will be very helpfull

thank you!

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marc
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,

Not a problem at all and apologies for my momentary panic. I thought I had lost 4 weeks of work but it was a non issue in the end.

Sorry for being so reactionary.

The videos all work fine if you goto the community section of the website ( From the main menu )

The issue are the 2 modules halfway down the frontpage. The latest videos and the activity stream. On my cell phone they play but they do not in a web browser. ( Chrome, IE or Firefox )

Once you had disabled the matukio component the videos still did not play on thr front page so the component did not appear to be the issue.

I have added a screensot so you can see the modules on the frontpage.

To reproduce the issue if you goto www.urblife.nl and scroll halfway down the main page you can see the community modules. The videos in the popup modal and the activity stream do not play and appear blank.

Thank you for any guidance you can offer.

Marc
Urblife

Attachments:
7 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marc,

I just test it.. I click the video from module and from activity stream..both can be played well

thank you!

Attachments:
7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marc
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,

Thank you so much for confirming that they work for you.

I still cannot get them to work on my end so this must be an issue local to the laptop I have.

At least others will be able to see them working so thank you once again,

Really appreciate the suppport,

Have a great day,

Regards

Marc
Urblife

Dimas wrote: Hi Marc,

I just test it.. I click the video from module and from activity stream..both can be played well

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński