Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Upgrade in order?

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I am a long time user of Jomsocial, however I let my subscription expire a while back. Upon purchase of the new and improved Jomsocial I noticed that an upgrade of my old subscription would have cost the same as the downgraded basic edition I actually just purchased. I just realized this after logging into my account and checking on upgrading. Is there any way you can adjust my account to reflect a renewal of the pro version I should have renewed and allow me to download it, as the cost is the same as I have just paid?

Thank you,

Vince

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Vincent.

Thank you for contacting us.
Renew and upgrade are two different operations and they cost separately.
You renewed your subscription, so you're able to access downloads.
But you can download only the version you originally purchased.
You need to upgrade your current subscription in order to download PRO version.

If you- having expired subscription - upgraded to PRO, but still didn't renew your subscription, you will have PRO but won't be able to download it (as only users with valid subscription can access downloads).

So renewal and upgrade are separated option. Upgrade won't allow you to download.

Also renewal of Standard version is $79.
Upgrade from Standard to PRO is difference between cost of Standard and PRO version. $99 - $149 = $50.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I get that they are two separate operations, RENEW and UPGRADE... however I originally had a subscription for PRO version that expired and the renewal for that is $99... the same price I just paid for a NEW subscription for the STANDARD version, $99. Same price paid... and downgrading to standard doesn't make much sense to anyone, just a simple mistake and oversight. MY MISTAKE I know, but seems like an easy fix with a couple clicks of a mouse.
I'll just wait for the standard version I just purchased to expire and renew the pro version I had to begin with.

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Vincent.

Ah, now is quite clear. Sure, that's not a problem.
I cancelled your previous licenses and issued new one: 100023863.
It's already activated for your domain ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński