Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Complaint

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Greetings,

I have been using jomsocial almost from the start now and although I've been working around a few bugs for the years I have to say that it's getting less and less fun to use.

1) I can't even read the answer to my own post which is a software bug from your end because my subscription expired: www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/22415-fix-urls
I think that is very bad service.

2) I have been working around your sticky template for many years too. You know that the template is not very flexible so with the video and photo categories as stickies inside a module/box that can't be disabled. So you do offer a flexible template only do we need to pay $99 for it.

This is really getting out of hand and as someone who used to be a fan I am not liking this anymore. The least thing you can do when you offer software is include a flexible template and the least thing you can offer is for someone to read the answer to a bug fix. Don't you agree with me?

9 years 3 weeks ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Mireille,

I can see that the answer has been given after your subscription has expired so the answer that was given is this

Hi,

here the fix:
open /components/com_community/controllers/groups.php at line 2387, changing it from
$data->id = $jinput->get->get('groupid', '', 'INT');
to
$data->id = $jinput->get('groupid', '', 'INT');

A jomsocial license gives you access to support and the product while your license is valid. Unless this situation has happened where you posted a question and it was answered after the subscription has expired. Once your license ends then all access to the forum and product stops.

Your second point I'm not sure i understand. Until Jomsocial 4 we supplied our product with a basic layout so it can be skinned to suit your site template, or you could create your own template. Yes we do sell a template for Jomsocial called socialize and it is $99 but this saves you having to do all the work yourself.

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

As one of the early adopters of jomsocial, I really find it not only unfair but super customer unfriendly that I still can't get to the answers while paying for jomsocial for at least 6 years in a row. This is about the only year that I don't have a license and it truly doesn't sit well with me.

8 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Mireille,

I have replied to you by email to the address we have in your account. Please reply by email so we can resolve this for you. If you do not receive my email please let me know

Paul

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński