Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Refund

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello I would like to request a refund. The extension did not work with Joomla 2.5 or 3.2 and the support response time is extremely slow.

Transaction ID - 6048332449

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Syed,

I have looked at the posts and i think it maybe as simple as a configuration problem on the server, One site ip address is showing an error that looks like the tmp /log folders do not have write permissions set correctly and the other IP address that shows the white screen will be a simple fix by turning off error reporting in the php.ini file in the hosting config. This will then print the error on the screen and it can be fixed quickly.

Because there are lots of different IP addresses and various logins i would like the opportunity to get you up and running today.

If you will allow me the opportunity to resolve this, can you please email me the correct details for the site that has the issue. and i can look at it for you today

Can you also please conform if this is a localhost with access or a hosting server on the internet.

I would need the following and to keep the information private can you email it to me at paul at ijoomla dot com
Current site url (IP address)
Current sites login details (super user)
ftp access and access to the site
and depending on whether you are able to make the change to the php.ini file yourself then i would need that file also.

I wait your reply and hope you will let us resolve this for you quickly,

10 years 4 weeks ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Syed,

I replied to your email but i think because of the code in the body of my reply my email address has been blocked by your server so i am pasting the information here.

I have looked at the configuration file in the dev site via ftp and the paths to the tmp & log folders are wrong. It is a simple change but I do not have write permissions to make the change

I believe this is all it is. Can you do the following for me and let me know if it's fixed. If not can you add write permissions for me on that directory.

in

n /var/www/dev/configuiration.php on line 57 and 58 please change
public $log_path = '/var/www/joomla/logs';

public $tmp_path = '/var/www/joomla/tmp';
In /var/www/dev/configuiration.php on line 57 and 58 please change
public $log_path = '/var/www/dev/logs';

public $tmp_path = '/var/www/dev/tmp';

If this fixes the white screen issue I would strongly recommend re installing Jomsocial. If the fault is still there please add write permissions and let me know so I can look at it again

10 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you for your help Paul. At this point we would just like the refund.

We did try to recreate the site from your upload and we had the same issue.

Thanks again for your help.

-Syed

10 years 3 weeks ago
  • Ricardo
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Done.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński