Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Upgrade to developer from pro

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi! We bought Jomsocial Pro two weeks ago (order number #14696). After trying several things and running up against a wall, we have decided to do some customization and development, so we'd like to upgrade our Pro subscription to a Developer. Is it possible to get credited for the amount we paid for Pro, or do we have to pay the full price for an additional Developer License? We are only using Jomsocial on one site, so it would be redundant to have two Jomsocial licenses for the same site. If you help out with this that would be great!

10 years 1 month ago
  • Ricardo
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi David,

No problem with that. You can pay the difference. Anyway, just to be sure you are doing right please let me know why you need a developer license. Maybe you can make your things with a regular PRO license.

This way you will save some money.

Best regards,

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi! We need to develop some new features, apps, modules, and most likely plug-ins for Jomsocial. We plan on connecting some cloud based apps we are developing to work with Jomsocial... one is a special kind of audio player that works like My Photos and My Videos, except with more options for musicians to manage their own music in a way that is deeply integrated into the site and Jomsocial... and has an option to save to S3... nothing does any of that, to our knowledge. Plus, the available ones are either flash (ugh, we like HTML 5), or have limited functionality. We also need to do a bunch of work on various profile types, with different onboarding procedures for each one. We need to redesign some of the existing features/apps, etc.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Ricardo
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi David,

With a single PRO license you can use the extension in all your personal sites and development sites. But you will receive support only in the domain name you assigned to our system.

So, if you think you will need support on more than one domain name go ahead and purchase a developer license. But if you don't, a PRO license is enough for this.

Let me know what you decide. If you go for developer license we will consider the amount you paid for the PRO license few weeks ago. I could send you a money requests for the difference. No problem with that.

Best regards,

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński