Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Refund

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Refund please. I've asked support questions and you have not responded. The software is buggy, and not smooth. I weave my company's strategy around support that is not responsive to my basic requests.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hello Scott,

I have looked though our forum and all i can see is another users post where you have made 2 comments, but i am unable to find any other support posts where you required assistance. Can you please let me know if there are other posts / requests you have made for support that are not answered.

The post you have commented on has been flagged as a known issue and the original poster has been informed it will be included in the next release which is 3.2. I am presuming that the support person has viewed your replies and interpreted them as a comment. They would not be expecting a user to start a new topic inside someone else s post. I'm not really sure i am understanding your issue or if you require support for something other than the post i reference.

Please let me know any further information and i can look into this further for you

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The comment was inquiring when the new release will be out. The known issue is causing me to expend time in trying to figure out what to do next - time that I do not have. Please issue a refund...I'm already starting to get very frustrated. I have a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - and trying to understand the processes here are very frustrating.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Scott,

So you have not requested any support from us regarding any issues you are having? We would not be able to issue a refund based on the fact that we were slow answering a question about when the new release will be out. The issue of the window size has been fixed today but sometimes a the fault is not always the same cause which is why you need to start your own support thread to get support. If you have any other faults please create a new post for each issue and our support staff will happily assist you further.

www.jomsocial.com/refund-policy

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

You have a 14-day policy...I requested...you did not provide. I am going onto Joomla forums and onto the jreviews site and reporting your company as a scam. It's not my fault your personnel fail to respond to questions (i.e. support on this forum).

How in the world can you operate a business this way? You have a terrible business model. I was going to spend my morning uninstalling your software, and I still will, and file a report through my credit card company, but first I will post on Joomla and share my experiences with your company. I'm sure more than 1 user will decide *not* to use your software...hopefully more.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

My post will be in addition to this one. You guys really aren't doing a good job...the honest feedback that is negative cannot possibly help your business.

3 years of using JomSocial
manuelberger
2013-12-09
Reviews: 3
I´am using JomSocial since three years and I would like to share my experience.

Since three years I never get the goal - a bug free version of JomSocial. That means, I always had things which don`t work or work as it should be.

Doing updates with JomSocial is a big risk, because I got always new bugs or they changed anything else, so some functions are gone forever.

The support forum is not well structured, many posts with the same issues and different answers from the support team. The response time is from "normal" (into 24 hours) up to never (if you don`t complain).

I spend lots of hours finding bugs and still get blamed by emails from users who told me: "I cannot get registrated" as example.
(A new included datepicker tool was the problem which was not solved for weeks!)

In my mind, this component is a risk for my reputation.

I already complained that to the JomSocial team, also to their CEO.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Scott,

I am sorry you feel that way and If you are within the refund policies terms then i am happy to issue a refund. But so far you have not provided any valid reason other than you no longer like the product.You cannot expect us to consider this as a valid reason for a refund. If you have found any bugs please supply the links to your support issues and i will happily have them looked at.. I am happy to assist you in any way i can but please look again at the refund policy and let me know under what grounds you qualify for a refund.

An extract from our policy:
If you encounter any unfix-able issues that cannot be resolved by us or if our software does not have any features that we advertise in the features list, we will refund your money WITHIN 14 days after your purchase. Any refund requests made AFTER the 14 day period will NOT be considered for a refund.

All requests for refund MUST be initiated through the standard customer support forum within the refund period.

We do not issue refunds under the following circumstances:

Your client didn't go for it
You've changed your mind
You've decided JomSocial is "Not what I need"
You've decided to stop using Joomla
Your server does not meet minimum system requirements
You don't have the time to implement JomSocial on your site
You've found a different solution
You made some customizations and modifications and now JomSocial isn't working
Product purchase error if the product was downloaded
Your purchase is older than 14 days (no exceptions)
You experience script conflicts with other 3rd party software connected to or installed on your Joomla website (Templates, Components, Modules, and Plugins).

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Here is what I posted in the forum that recommended you. Remember, you have an obligation to your customers...doing what you are now doing to me is unacceptable (i.e. not refunding my money).

JomSocial is a scam. They offer a 14-day refund period, and after you seek out support, and the support goes unanswered, they refuse to honor what is advertised. The software is buggy, and not well-written. The block for private messaging is 1/2 inch by 2 inches....and messaging is what I installed the software for. I just cannot believe how horrible the customer response is. They are not honest...do not install their software, it will only result in headaches for you.

Is this really the reputation you want for your company? My support request was to refund my money, which you did not do so. I also had other questions, which you did not answer after 5 days. Say what you want, but your business model is not solid, as evident by your reviews trending down over on the Joomla site.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Scott,

A refund has been issued.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński