Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Jomsocial version 2.6.2 bought in June 12 2013

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Martin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I bought my version of Jomsocial in June 12, 2013, Version 2.6.2. I try to activate the module Community_ Notification, but it seems, according to one of your technicians to your technical forum that my version is too old?

Here what Chris say : " JomSocial 2.6.2 is very old version and it's no longer outdatd, even modules/plugins for this versions are not longer available. Did you consider upgrading to the latest 3.1.0.2 version " #66402

How can you sell product that become obsolet in less then 6 months and for which you do not have no more modules or plugins available ?

What are the opportunities available to me in this situation. I do not want to pay again for another version. Not after 6 months?

thank you

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Martin.

JomSocial 2.6 was released more then a year ago, and since this versions, there was another three major releases. JomSocial 2.8, 3.0 and 3.1... This's why we decided to drop the support for such outdated versions, we don't have even the full packages available to download on our site(well in fact you can download only component, but mods and plugins are not longer available..). Also I think that you missunderstood me, you don't have to pay for new version, you can download it in any moment from your account page...And then try to upgrade to the latest 3.1 version.

Please let me know is there anything else I can help you with.

PS:You can always check if your packages contains all plugins and modules..But can we just continue about this case on your previous thread?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński