Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Refund request

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Socialize template

Reasons:

- Documentation once purchased states only Joomla 3.x is supported. This information wasn't available prior to purchase.

- Bugs already reported on the forum, no fixes available yet.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Alan,
Sorry to hear you that you didn't get support from us.
Can you post here the link of previous requested post.
I am here to help you with any kind of socialize template problem.
Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi

I would like a refund, before I purchased it wasn't listed that only Joomla 3.x was supported out of the box, and not 2.5.x - this should have been listed as an exception as Jomsocial supports 2.5.x, so naturally a customer would expect an official template created and supported by Jomsocial would also support Joomla 2.5.x

As for bugs, I have come across several.

- Off canvas menu fails to work as expected on iPhone/iPad - menu items with a sub-menu aren't selectable. This was reported 5 days ago, no resolution as yet - www.jomsocial.com/forum/socialize-templa...menu-selection-issue

- Module layout, responsive - turning off module positions in different device views fails to work.

I don't know if the latter is a limitation in Joomla 2.5.x, I'm not willing to upgrade to Joomla 3.x until it reaches the long term release cycle, the same reason Jomsocial supports 2.5.x. I have tried fresh Joomla/Socialize installs to ensure the bugs aren't just related to my site or other components.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Alan,
I would like to know the problem that you are facing with.
If you have posted any thread before and didn't get solution then please post the link here and
also filled up your necessary access credentials.
Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Read above, that is my issue.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

This is stated in the documentation after you have purchased the template:

IMPORTANT
• You don’t have to have JomSocial installed to enjoy this template, however the toolbar module will not function without JomSocial, so you can simply skip installing it.
• Socialize only works with Joomla version 3 and above
• For best results, upgrade your Joomla version to the latest (Joomla 3.2 at this moment)
• Please follow the instructions carefully

I AM RUNNING JOOMLA 2.5 AND WON'T UPGRADE

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alan,
Good news is, the socialize template is now compatible with Joomla 2.5X.
Please update with our latest stable version.
But by mistake we missed to update the installation manual pdf.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Another bug:

Open the template information, it says the version I have is version 1.0 - even though I only purchased last week and Version 1.2 was released in December.

Congrats! You are using latest version of Socialize!
Your version is 1.0
Check for new version

How exactly am I supposed to update?

This is template has been put together poorly, again, I am requesting a refund. I have never come across a template provider selling templates with core feature bugs, especially not for 99 Euros.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Can you please provide an email address where I can send a written refund request, I am not asking for support, I am asking for a refund.

This template is a joke.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Ricardo
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Alan,

Today we released a new Socialize version with bugfixes and improvements. Please download the latest version and install it on your site. I'm sure it will work fine on your J! 25 powered site.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

For the final time, I am requesting a refund. If you continue to refuse to discuss this, or answer my request I will issue a chargeback via my credit card company.

You have released a new version, try testing it on a mobile device, you will immediately see problems with the toolbar that make the template broken, again.

This is yet another reason why I want a refund, I don't pay 99 euros to be a beta tester.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I am going by your demo site, before you ask me to try a fresh install.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alan,
Since we didn't update our demo site yet.
Please have test with socialize template latest version
Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

For the final time, I am requesting a refund. If you continue to refuse to discuss this, or answer my request I will issue a chargeback via my credit card company.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński