Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

[SOLVED] Installation Issue - no license identified for this domain

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Greg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have renewed an old subscription (Order #13138). I have downloaded and installed the iJoomla Installer. The Installer is advising that 'No license identified for this domain'. I have the domain listed in 'Domains you want to install this domain on' - I have two domains listed, neither with www. in front, separated by comma. The domain I am attempting to install to is the second listed.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Justin
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your inquiry. I've checked and you are currently holding a JomSocial Pro; which only allows you to install it on one domain. Would you be kind enough to update your 'Support Domain' to the ones that you want to install and try out the installation process again?

Let me know if the problem persists and I'll move this thread to the Installation board so that we can check your backend for you. :)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Greg
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks Justin. That solves the immediate problem as iJoomla has now found a license. I still have an install prob but I suspect that is related to my server rather than your package.

However, I must be reading something incorrectly on your site. As per the attached image from your pricing page, the Professional subscription states 'Unlimited Domains'. I can see that I can only request support on a single nominated domain, and that is understandable, however I read your site to mean that I can install JomSocial on multiple 'unlimited' domains. Your download page also seems to support that assumption given that there is a section that allows me to list multiple domains.

Can you clarify the position please as your statement does not match that of the website.

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Justin
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Greg,

You can install JomSocial on multiple domains, but we will only provide you support to one domain; the ones that you've registered. To install your JomSocial on another domain, please install it using the com_community_xxx.zip (where xxx is the version) located in the same folder of the iJoomla installer.

Let me know if you need further assistance and I'll move this thread to the Installation board. Thank you!

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Greg
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for that. That was the information that I was missing. I was attempting to install to one of the additional domains using the iJoomla installer rather than simply uploading the package itself.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Justin
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Greg,

Glad that we've finally solved the mystery! I'll mark this thread as [SOLVED] and close it. However, should you have any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to start a new thread.

Thank you and have an awesome day! :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński