Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

[SOLVED] Why do I get email says my account is about to expire when it already did?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arye
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

I would be happy to understand why did I get TODAY an email that says my developer account is ABOUT to expire when it actually did? I got email on 01/01/2014 when my account expired at 25/12/2013 - I wanted to download the latest version that I have paid for and now I CAN'T.
I entitled to download all upgrades till 25/12/2013 - And I didn't do that - I was planning to download the latest version BEFORE the expiration - How can I do that now?

It would be nice to get an email with a notice that my account is about to expire when it is about to expire and not afterwards. Please give us fair notice about expiration - I do entitle for the latest version till today since I have paid for it, No?

I would be happy if you could assist me with the latest version of my package that I'll have the latest version in all extensions that I have.

Please advise as soon as possible,
Thanks.
AryeG

10 years 3 months ago
  • Justin
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Arye,

Thank you for contacting us. We've set up our system so that a notification mail will be sent to our customer one week before their license's expiry date. I have an account for JomSocial and have received a notification mail stating that my account will expires one week before the expiry date. Here's my email notification :

Attachment will-expire.png not found

... and here's my expired-notification mail :

Attachment has-expired.png not found

As you can see, the reminder was sent 11 days before, which is exactly one week before my expiry date (which was 3 days ago). However, I will request assistance from our web dev team and request for them to check our Sent Email Notification to check whether we've sent out an email to you or not. Meanwhile, would you be kind enough to check your Spam folder? There are certain cases where our notification mail went straight to our customer's Spam folder.

Seeing that currently our system does works as it should (one week notification was sent), I am not able to provide you with any download access seeing that your license has already expired. Let's wait for our web-dev team to advice us on this matter.

Thank you for your kind patience and understanding! :)

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arye
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for your reply.
I have a developer account - maybe it is not setup the same way as the standard and does sent emails after exasperation.
How many emails are sent to a customer, one? two? if only one then I have got this email in my mail box and it got there 6 days later.
if two - why does one got filtered out and not the other?

Here is my email copy:

As you can see - The mail title says - ABOUT to expire and the message inside says - Already did.
Please let me know why this email was sent that way?

Please assist as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Arye

10 years 3 months ago
  • Justin
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Arye,

Thank you for your response. I've checked our DigiStore mailing system and it appears that we have sent you two emails; one was sent on 18th of December 2013 and the other was sent on the 26th of December 2013. You can refer to the screenshot below :

Attachment ScreenShot2014-01-02at5.26.09PM.png not found

However, I will still investigate this issue for you. I'll let you know my findings. Meanwhile, would you be kind enough to send the Billing team a ticket ? Perhaps they might be able to help you further with your case.

Thank you!

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arye
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks.
I have found another email that was sent on the 26th of December with EXPIRED as well. Since the account was expired on the 25th.
Therefore I have Two emails with Expired - on both I could not be able to download anything at all.
I have opened a ticket and I would like to forward the emails that I have got including Gmail time-stamps.

Thanks.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Justin
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Arye,

Thank you for your response. It would be super-awesome if you can provide us with the screenshot of your received email along with the Gmail's time stamp so that our web dev can check it out and investigate this issue for us. You can provide it by either attaching it here or by sending me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. :)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arye
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have sent you the two emails as requested.
Please assist.
Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
  • Justin
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Arye,

I've received and replied to your email. I'll mark this thread as solved and close it. Let's continue in our email conversation, shall we? :)

Thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński