The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Created a new zone but not available for ads

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired AdAgency Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Created a zone and then an ad to go in it. But then I go to the campaigns or ads it is not available. I watched the video but not sure what I'm missing.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Joseph.

I need access to account (advertiser) to have this issue.
Please, edit your first post and provide account credentials.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

OK, done. ty

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Joseph.

I see at least TWO zones: i.imgur.com/2rSzwBc.png
Which zone you created?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Both of those. I'm struggling trying to figure this out. I can't wait around. I have to try and resolve this. I just did the cheapo a few minutes ago.

Please explain.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Joseph.

You must pay attention to TYPE of add you want to add as certain zone can display ONLY certain type of adds.
Example: zona: CheapOAir supports: Standard, Affiliate, Flash : i.prntscr.com/bbaa59531c974d3a9dc1f95a885a36ab.png

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

OK, it accepts affiliate ads and I'm trying to use affiliate ads...

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Staff,

I've finally gotten a chance to get away from this as I work from home so if I'm home I'm working. Anyway, I thought about that it would make a lot more sense if you knew exactly what I was trying to accomplish overall and then you can more accurately assist me.

We have a CJ account and want to put different ads in different places in our website. For example, we have an area for 'air charters' and in there we want ads like for 'CheapOAir'. But I want them only to appear there. I get that is controlled in Zones. But what I'm unclear about is the process for accomplishing this. What I think I came to the realization of is that all of these are tied to a package.

Could you just outline without any descriptions the steps? If I'm right then I have to define a package. Then each of the three parts "Ads, Advertisers, and zones are put together in a campaign saying what the ad is, whose it is and where and how much it displays. Is that close?

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Joseph.

A package is certain zone + time + pricing. So if you want to advertise in certain zone you click "Advertize here" or choose right zone from all zones available. Zone specifies what type of add may be added. So if you try to add an add that is not supported... it will be not displayed.

Did you watched our tutorials? www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9EF8303A66E8579A
Take a look at them - they should help you understand how AdAgency works.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński