Custom CSS or Template

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Danny
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

I am trying to customize the the look an feel of the "packages" that are being displayed in the "Overview" section, I don't see any template configuration or information how to maybe to a custom override so that I don't have to keep updating it with a new version update.

Can you please direct me or does it work similar to JomSocial by creating the custom.css or override.css file?

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Danny.

custom.css will work ONLY with Socialize template... that depends from template you use if it allows to use override like that. In case of AdAgency you can use template override like in every other Joomla! extension. You can change the display of packages by coping this file;

ROOT/components/com_adagency/views/adagencypackage/tmpl/default.php

to:

ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_adagency/adagencypackage/default.php

Now you can safely edit it as you like. Any new css styling you can add straight to your current template main css file.

You can do it for every file located in "views" in specific folder.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Danny
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Ok great. I am using the Socialize template. So are you saying that the custom.css will ONLY work for the Socialize theme, meaning if I use the Socialize template that I can only edit Socialize components in the custom.css but need to use the Joomla override function to change any Ad Agency features?

Or

If I use the Socialize template that I can now use the custom.css file to add any Ad Agency changes?

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Danny.

I mean that only Socialize (maybo other T3 based templates have this feature too) will allow you to use custom.css. If you try to use Protostar and load custom.css only by placing it in css folder - it will not work (you'll need to add link to css file in template index.php header).

You can use custom.css to style anything or any extension on your site as Socialize is global Joomla! template. So custom.css will be loaded on EVERY page no matter what extension create it. So you place inside code to override K2 styling, AdAgency or whatever :) Justclasses needs to be right.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Danny
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

got it! Thanks Michal

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński