Problem with downloading translation

7 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Evgeny
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello! There is a problem: when I try to download any translation from www.jomsocial.com/translations I have error "0 - something went wrong".
Also, in "translations" page in your add-ons catalog I have a link to transifex, where is no any downloads. How can I have Russian translation?

7 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Evgeny,

I am sorry for this, we wil fix this asap, you will be able to download it on next hours.. I hope we can fix it fast :)

thank you!

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

The German version is also not working :-(

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yes, every language pack at www.jomsocial.com/translations page seem to generate "0 - Something went wrong" error page.

As a workaround, one can always download JomSocial Russian localisation files one by one directly from the localisation project at www.transifex.com/jomsocial/jomsocial/language/ru_RU , rename then and then upload them onto your site. Easy.

Alex Smirnov

How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!' .
7 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi All,

Yes, i am sorry for this, most of our team are on holiday, so it bit delay to fix the issue.

I thought the guy who handle translation page is on the office, but the fact he is still on holiday :)

thank you

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

and please update the language packs more frequently. We translators spent hours of translating and it takes days till the packages are updated. Once a week is too slowly. This should be at least daily while a new release has been made. Otherwise please tell us how to do this by our own instead of downloading and renaming tons of language files.

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

As far as I am concerned, weekly updates is more than enough.

Activity of JS localisation projects at Transifex vary from team to team. Some are very active, some are not. Imo, synchronizing files at Transifex with their downloadable packages at this site once a week, or may be once every ten days averages just fine.

My 2c.

How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!' .
7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I totally disagree. We spend hours translating and have to wait 10 days in your opinion for letting users take advantage of our work?
How is the process? Do you have to do this manually or is it done by a script? If its first option I would understand but if its just a click then I don't understand this behaviour.

I am only talking about the days after a new version is out, not all the time.

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I am actually in the same shoes with you, being a Russian JS co-ordinator, so I wouldn't know how our language files at TX get synchronised with packages here, at JS site.

>>> We spend hours translating and have to wait 10 days in your opinion for letting users take advantage of our work?

What I do to help Russian JS customers to take advantage of my JS Russian localisation once I finished translating it is I post an announcement at the forum category "Translations". We also have a community group for Russian folks, so I announce there as well.

That's all you and I as volunteer translators can do, really. I don't see any sense in trying to put JS team under pressure, especially during New Year festivities. I mean, everyone is entitled to have a life, dude. Be human. :-)

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Well thats why I asked about the processing of the transifex files. I would think its all handled by a script, because of Transifex's API.
So everyone would be able to have a life except the server that does the work. I was not attending to put any pressure on anyone.

Everyone wants to use the latest version because of all the good new features that are included. Unfortunately we can not translate while JS is in beta or RC status. So we can get our hands on the translation only after a release, which means that all sites that do not use english as default have to wait way longer.

My wish would be: Update Transifex at RC status. That is way enough time for us to translate and update the language pack by release date so that everyone can use the latest verison immediately (if translation is finished of course).

7 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Evgeny
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

You must understand, that users who not in translator team cannot download any files. Yes, I went to transifex first, And all what I can - just click "more languages" under common list.
Big thanks to your works, but due holiday drunking of site administrators I've download one suspicious version of this component from torrent and grab language files from there. Some strings I've translated manually.

THANKS FOR YOUR BIG WORK. I'm glad that YOU can download some files one-by-one from some closed section.
But I need working component, and not your sorry.

Also, maintainers, WHERE IS COMMENT INTEGRATION SYSTEM? Any plugins or some how-tos? Changelog promises.
But in fact you lied about "gazilion of translations" and "comments anywehere".

7 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Guys,

The translation files can be download now.. we already fixed the issue..

And thank you for your idea but personally I cant decide it.. we need to wait Paul our website administrator to decide it :)

thank you!

7 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Evgeny
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ru-RU.com_community.zip has size 0 bytes

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hmm... May I ask how you got this file?

Regards,

Alex

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński