Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

problem with toolbar translation with v3.2.0.3

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Arnaud.

You use modified and outdated language file.
I just saw it on your server. Language file contains some invitex constants too...
So you need to fix your language file.
JomSocial comes with default English language and don't support any other translations as they are contributed by community.
Your file is 4 years old:
;@copyright (C) 2008 - 2010 by Slashes & Dots Sdn Bhd - All rights reserved!
Contact with its translators, maybe they could provide you with latest translation.
or try to translate it by yourself... you can try to copy block by block (into original English language file - just change it name into French) and check if translation is applied into frontend.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arnaud
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hello Michal,

Why i don't see your answer here ?
Anyway, the date of the file is not updated, i used that file before creating my own translation.

I have added my own added translation (ie : menus, invitex ...) in english and it's working fine.

To uprade v3.2 french file, I've used new default english file of jomsocial and added new ones in my french file as usual. So you can compare I've got all the same variables (+ mine) See attached file : ge.tt/6gCLOZh1/v/0?c

But for french, It's strange because I've replaced my french translation into english directory in order to test if it was jomsocial that didn't get the language to use and then all jomsocial has COM_COMMUNITY_XXXX

best regards

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Arnaud.

I apologize that it took so long but you admit that this was caused by unaccurate information you provided us and your protection settings.

To sum things up: You need a new French language pack for JomSocial as your current one is outdated or damaged (and damege influence only JomSocial 3.2.0.5).

Conclusion: buy a new translation or do it yourself on base of original English file and your old French one.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński