Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile View - Security Issue

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Please retry after 5 minutes, and please HIDE the server info from your last post due to client's privacy; this is the second time you leak our client's information and please aware of that. Appreciate your corporation for keeping client's privacy.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

thanks for your quick response and please also remove "the domain name" also. ^.^ Please understand this is very important to us or anytime we will be sued by our client via similar privacy leakage incident .... Thanks for your understanding.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

ops.. sorry.. I just removed that..

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks a lot! I always appreciate your support! Sorry maybe I just a bit over-reacted but I hope you can understand. ^.^

Anyway, anything I still can help please let me know too.. I will wait for your investigation.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Team,

I've managed to get the "profile restriction" by changing below codes (comparing to my previous backup), however, I guess I have to modify an additional file to get the restricted user list with correct user info; let me explain a bit more:

1) Browse a restricted user profile - User A
2) I expect to see "Restricted Access" Notice AND the avatar of the user (USER A) in LIST FORMAT with "add as friend" and "Send Message"
3) However, once I have modified the code profile.php, I can see the "Restricted Access" Notice, but I cannot see USER A profile list (with add as friend & send message button), I can only see MYSELF on the list. Any additional file I should modify?

Here is the modification I've done so far:
/helpers/access/profile.php

static public function profileView($userid, $asset, $user)
	{
		// new modification
		$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
		$jinput = $mainframe->input;
		$userid = $jinput->get('userid', $my->id, 'INT');
		// new modification end
		$viewer = CFactory::getUser($userid);
		// Check based on privacy setting
		// comment out this: (and add below line) $param = $user->getParams();
		$param = $viewer->getParams();

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hi,

Please check again, I just fix this.. I also you also need edit file components/com_community/views/views.php line 286-288

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks, now it works flawlessly. I will note down the changes, just in case I need help again with 3.2. Thanks. again.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

You're welcome ;)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński