Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Impossible to edit User's name

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

I have a list of user in Jomsocial with corresponding user in Joomla.

I cannot modify a "Name" of an account. When I edit it, in Joomla or in Jomsocial, I can modify the field content, but it goes back to the initial "Name" when I save modifications. Where should I set this to be able to fully edit and modifi "Name" of account in JS?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Please provide an access to Your joomla panel. Joomla user is strictly connected with JS extension to it, should be able change it in joomla users at least. I've just tried and had no problems to do so. Need to check why isn't it working for You.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Thanks for your quick feedback. Yes I am able to modify a username and email in Joomla user mangmeent, and it is aalso updated in the Jomsocial user profile. The problem come after, if I edit this user profil in Jomsocial backend and save, the User's name come back to the initial one, in Jomsocial and Joomla.

Please find all required credential bellow and an exemple of user you can try.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

The problem is with the name itself. There are restrictions for how the username should looks like. When I tried to change it I got this error message:

Save failed with the following error: Please enter a valid username. No space at beginning or end, at least 2 characters and must not contain the following characters: < > \ " ' % ; ( ) &.

So the ampersant sign in this particular username will not fit the requirements.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

I just tried to modify the user's name withour any special character or sapce but the problem remains. Please have a look on the same user and you will see that the name still change after editing in JS.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Just checked and have no problem to change the username. Again, please remember that user name differ from name of the user. It should not contain spaces and mentioned special chars.

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Thanks for your answer and your time.

It definitly don't work after many tests. Please proceed as following.
Go thew Joomla user profil of this member (id 994) and change the field "Name" (not username) with Arenas, then "Save"
Then, go to Jomsoocial profil of the same user (ID 994). The field "Name" of the user in "Account details" Tab will be the same as the one you provide in Joomla user management.
Problem is that as soon as you save his Jomsocial profil, this field "Name" will be resenting in bothe Joomla and Jomsocial with the old one.

(Please not that we changed IP servwer, but your credentials remains the same)

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Sorry for delay. I got sick.

I thought we were talking about username, so my apologies. Just checked the Name and can confirm there is a problem as described. Please provide an access to FTP so I'll be able to send it to programmers for a fix.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for your precious support. I just updated credentials and FTP below.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Thank You. Access attached to bug report. Will inform You as soon as I'll know something about this.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Piotr, do you have any updates? Thanks!

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Sorry, but nothing yet. Programmers has some major problem to address first, but as I was told this issue will be taken next.

6 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi
This is not a bug, On your site, you are using Firstname and Lastname" as "Name".
So when you save it again it will save the same username.
Here you can see complete details how it works: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Using_f...name_on_registration

Let us know if you still have this issue after disable the first and last name feature.

Regards

6 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi Pankaj, thanks for your reply... sorry, but I don't really know what to do? Should I disable username and lastname at registration?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński