The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Error on login form since update

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

There ware few issues:

1. JomSocial wasn't properly installed so error in backend appear. Probably something interrupted installation.
I reinstalled JS and backend is accessible.

2. Login issue is caused by System - JCH Optimize plugin. It's probably wrong configured. Nevertheless login works when I disabled it. Here is discussion that may help you to configure it properly: www.jomsocial.com/community/groups/viewd...omsocial?groupid=324

3. Code that as displayed on frontpage was caused by System - RokBooster plugin. It combined JS scripts damaging them and code was displayed. I disabled that plugin as well.

You may enable them back and issues will appear again. Both of the plugin probably needs a right configuration so they won't be so strict in js script compression and handling.

Except those three parts I didn't touched anything on your site - I disabled caching in Joomla! but enabled it back after I found cause of the issues.

The base line is that issues wasn't caused by JomSocial itself but by 3rd party extensions that threat JS scripts to harsh. They just need a right configuration and you probably may continue to use them.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for fixing the errors. They were all working fine before the Jomsocial update, so I imagine something that changed in Jomsocial conflicted with those. I will see if there are any updates for those.

Does this solve the ongoing Chat problem too? I've never been able to activate that successfully, and it would be nice to have that functionality.

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I enabled chat back.
Yes, when they are disabled chat works fine: prntscr.com/gz1f21
Also now you can close Joomla! notifications - before plugins ware enabled, this wasn't working too.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński