So embedly finally got back to me but they din't give me any info at all. This is what they wrote:
Thanks for checking in. You can send us a live link, but we don't have any knowledge of how the Joomla plugin works. You may want to also contact the creator or their support.
So in the end, I just unsubscribed and am just using jomsocial on its own. Looks better since you updated it anyway.
I do have a question for you though on a completely unrelated topic...
I've noticed in my stream that it shows that I will be attending an event. It has posted that for 2 separate events. I did not select that I would be attending. It's like it automatically assigned me as "Attending"
I believe the same thing happened to another new member who joined the site today. I don't believe she selected to attend the event but yet it says that she is attending on the stream? Any ideas what might be causing this?
You can do that by purchasing Embed.ly license and enter key in JomScial configuration.
Only that way you can remove it ;)
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you