Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Suggestion: Add more video provaider please (VK.COM or Prochan.com)

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello. I tried to add some video providers by myself, but with no success.

May be JomSocial team can add some one please? What popular video provider do you know and would like to ask?

What about popular VK.COM social network? I have a custom plugin for old JomSocial (freelancer made it for me), but it not adapted for new JomSocial stream. Nobody want to adapt it to new JomSocial (some freelansers don't know very good how to work JS).

Or may be Prochan.com (and subdomains)?

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

thank you for the ideal, but we dont have plan to add another video provider, did you know? we also already removed some of them, because the API already outdated, and cant be tracked well.

thank you

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

How come Facebook video is not supported? Any chances to have that one?

6 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

We dont have plan for FB video.. but this is great idea, we will discuss it soon

thank you!

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Can you describe a process of adding new video providers to JomSocial but not in details.
I know that video vendors are located in: ...\components\com_community\libraries\videos
and each provider has exactly the same functions that need to be there for each.
Where are video providers defined and where are called when url is present in a post?
Where is code responsible for calling appropriate video lib?

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Vladimir,

Please you check sample file com_community\libraries\videos\youtube.php, we have standard function like getEmbedCode(),getType(),getId(),isValid(), etc..
you need follow that function and use your 3rd party video code into those functions, on some of them has the API or XML or code or embed code to get video parameters

thank you!

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That part is more or less clear, what I'm interested in is mechanism that uses that php. How JomSocial recognizes video provider url in user post and uses appropriate php? Or, is creating facebook.php in ...\components\com_community\libraries\ enough for jomsocal to render facebook video with thumbnail?

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

This is bit tricky, because each video provider has own machanism, on jomsocial itself, you only follow the functions above (which I already mentioned before)

thank you!

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

So, to be clear. By creating ...\components\com_community\libraries\facebook.php and adding appropriate code in it we can add support for embedding facebook videos with thumbnails?
Same goes for instagram with ...\components\com_community\libraries\instagram.php ? No other files need to be changed?

How can we add support for image providers like instagram so we can have thumbnail displayed when user enters instagram url into post?

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

you right, and keep the core functions there getEmbedCode(),getType(),getId(),isValid(), etc..

and inside that function use FB or IG library to fetch the videos, because on each video provider the code is different

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello.

Can you please discuss VK.COM video integration. Right now its social network №5 in the world (by popularity) and №1 in Russia.
EasySocial has VK.COM video integration - this is one of the reason why russian language webmasters usually chose (or migrate to) EasySocial.

I tried to add VK.COM video support by myself. Video link looks like: vk.com/video365230758_456239018
I can get video ID ("id"), owner ID ("oid") and post to database.

But embed code also has "hash". Without the embed hash, vk.com wouldn't allow embedding.

<iframe src="//vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=365230758&id=456239018&hash=750c9ab33c79edc4&hd=2" width="853" height="480" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And it's more difficult... vk.com/dev/video.get

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Also EasySocial clients can’t migrate to JomSocial because JS doesn’t support VK.com.

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Dmitry.

I'll pass your feedback to our Project Manager.
As for the moment all development work is suspended except Joomla! 4 preparations.
but hopefully this feature will be accepted ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, Michał, Does JS Team has any decision about VK.COM videos integration?
Should we wait for it in future :) or migrate to another component that allready has this feature :( ?
Thanks.

Sorry for my English
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński