Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't upgrade to 3.2 from 2.6

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Erik
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

So you can install Jomsocial 3.2.1 right on top of Jomsocial 2.6?

I was told I need to do a tierd upgrade.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Erik,

It can, but if from 2.6 maybe there is some functionality cannot working properly. Because DB structures is different.
But to tackle this issue you can update DB structure manually. First you must install fresh jomsocial latest version at your localhost.
after that you can compare the tables.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Erik
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Isn't there anyone at Jomsocial you can ask that knows if there are any problems upgrading 2.6 -> 3.2.1 directly? Someone at Jomsocial must know this.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Erik,

here the way updating from old version:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Updatin...d_JomSocial_Versions

and here the other case. this user upgrade old version to latest version, without follow that doc:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/191...ng-after-upgradation

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Erik
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I've looked at that guide but it only covers updates until 2.6.

Would be good to get a absolute answer for upgrading after 2.6, some developer must know if you can go 2.6 -> 3.2 directly?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Erik,

if you upgrade from 2.6 to 3.2 directly it will a lot of problem. because the DB structures are different for both version.

please download old version at here:
www.jomsocial.com/download-old

and upgrade it from 2.6 -> 2.8 -> 3.0 -> 3.1 -> 3.2 if some upgrade process stuck. let me know and provide me cpanel/phpmyadmin access detail. I will help you to tackle it.

FYI: the administrator access detail at test site is not valid. I need this to help you, if got stuck.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Erik
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

As you can see in my originial post I do get stuck in the update process. I can update to 2.8 but when I update to 3.0 Jomsocial stops working.

Could you try to update 2.6 > 2.8 > 3.0 > 3.1 > 3.2 and see what the problem is when you go from 2.8 to 3.0?

It's working again now!

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Erik,

if stuck there is a problem with a database. I need your cpanel/phpmyadmin access detail and I will upgrade it for you.
and I want make sure it again, the site that need to be upgraded is ffatest.se?

FYI: put any credential information by editing your first post at this topic. and put it at site info form

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Erik
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Could you first just try to do the upgrade so you know what problem I'm talking about?

You can see it by first upgrading to 2.8 then 3.0. After that the Jomsocial admin and site page are just blank. And if I try to keep updating 3.0 -> 3.1 -> 3.2 it doesn't fix it.

And no ffatest.se is just a test site. I will be doing the upgrade myself on the real site so I need a solution to this upgrade problem so that I can upgrade it myself. I can't give out access to the real site, only the test site.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Erik,

I did upgrade with the same way with you talking about. I tried with my local environment and your test site. all upgrade process all smooth.

first I upgrade to 2.8 -> 3.0 -> 3.1 -> 3.2.14. I took prev version at here: www.jomsocial.com/download-old
every installation process no need to uninstall anythings.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Erik
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I now upgraded 2.6 -> 2.8 -> 3.0 and when I installed 3.0 Jomsocial stopped working. There's just a white page instead of the Jomsocial admin interface.

Could you login and confirm that you also get a white page instead of the Jomsocial admin interface?

When you have looked to see if you see the same problem, do you have any idea why it only shows a white page?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Erik,

version 3.0 took from www.jomsocial.com/download-old ? when I did this, no blank page.
please try re-install 3.0, if the installation process can complete I suggest you to continue the upgrade steps to 3.1, and 3.2.1.4 (latest version)

the goal is to make latest version working at your site.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Erik
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Can you just login to the admin part of the site and see if you can view the Jomsocial admin interface? I get a white page when I try to do that.

I have already tried to reinstall and upgrade to the latest release several times and it doesn't fix the problem.

Can you please look at the site and see what the reason for the white page could be?

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Erik
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I know get this error message when I try to view the Jomsocial admin interface. Does it help exaplaining what's wrong?

Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 512

Fatal error: Class 'CommunityHelper' not found in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/administrator/components/com_community/controllers/controller.php on line 42

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński