Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

just migrated from v2.6.3 to v 3.1.0.2 can't find some things

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I just migrated a jomsocial community (851 members) form Joomla 1.5.26 / jomsocial 2.6.3 to joomla 3.2.1 / jomsocial Pro 3.1.0.2

I am very impressed with the lates version of the software. But I'm trying to wrap my brain around the new interface and I'm have a little difficulty finding two things - 1. Where do I now find the "Mail Queue", I can't seem to locate it. 2. I had developed a pretty elaborate set of question to build the user profile for new registrants - Where do I find that?

And while I'm at it, one additional question, can anyone recommend a good html editor for the status update/custom post entry box?

** new site (not public yet) is at https://mfa-sibs.org/mfa2/ login info is in private site information section.

Thanks so much
Jim Capraro

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

1. You can find it in : Monitor > Mail Queue on jomsocial admin panel on the left :)
2. I didn't understand about your question. you had developed something and you want this thing can be use in registration step ? or something ?

Warm regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the mail queue - my second question was about profile customization, but after you answered my first question I quickly found the answer to my second question under "profiles" on the left hand side of the Jomsocial control panel.

I have noticed an issue when some one friends someone else it get reported as "David Stutanto and {target} are now friends" instead of saying "David Stutanto and Jim Capraro are now friends" See the attached screen capture. How do I fix this?

Jim Capraro

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

This issue caused from your old jomsocial stream (come from stream < version 2.8) if you generate the newest stream it will work fine then.. :)

BUT if you still have this issue on you newest stream, probably caused by 2 things:
1. your translation file already outdated
2. you are using 3rd party plugin, which outdated too.

For quick fix this, please execute this query via phpmyadmin :

UPDATE yourprefix_community_activities title = REPLACE(title,"{actor} ","");
[/quote]

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

David,
Thanks so much for your reply. I tried using myphp admin to run the query, but I am not at all versed in mysql and I can't get the query to run. Could you please do it for me the correct data base is: mfaweb_mfa-sibs2

Also, while testing the new system I have sent some messages and I don't think that the system is sending out emails because people are not receiving them and they don't show up in the mail queue. I have created a cronjob through cpanel - there are actually two there one for mfa-sibs.org/mfa/ the original joomla 1.5 installation, and a new one for mfa-sibs.org/mfa2/ for this new jomsocial 3.1.0.2 installation. Could you take a look to help diagnose/fix the problem?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also just tried sending test message and got an error telling me that Kunena is not installed, but also said "sent message"
So I have tried installing Kunena 3.0.1 and I get the following message:
Notice
MySQL 5.0.96-community-log is not supported. Minimum required version is MySQL 5.1, but it is higly recommended to use MySQL 5.5 or later.
Warning
Package Install: Custom install routine failure

I have opened a support ticket with my webhost provider about upgrading MySQL software.

Also I found the older versions of Kunena and tried installing both level 2.0.4 and 2.0.2 but they won't install successfully.

My older version of JomSocial did not have Kunena installed and it worked quite well - I don't understand why it now needs this social software which I will never use (isn't that the point of buying JomSocial). If my members can't use messaging then the whole purpose of the site is defeated.

PLEASE HELP

Jim Capraro

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

have you do backups for the website database (mfaweb_mfa-sibs2) ? because i don't responsible if any error :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

I have been fix it.. Please see your website, if this thing still happen just let me know :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I can't see the fix - sitill says {target} - I have backed up mfaw3b_mfa2 MySQL database

Also please see this:

I just tried sending test message and got an error telling me that Kunena is not installed, but also said "sent message"
So I have tried installing Kunena 3.0.1 and I get the following message:
Notice
MySQL 5.0.96-community-log is not supported. Minimum required version is MySQL 5.1, but it is higly recommended to use MySQL 5.5 or later.
Warning
Package Install: Custom install routine failure

I have opened a support ticket with my webhost provider about upgrading MySQL software.

Also I found the older versions of Kunena and tried installing both level 2.0.4 and 2.0.2 but they won't install successfully.

My older version of JomSocial did not have Kunena installed and it worked quite well - I don't understand why it now needs this social software which I will never use (isn't that the point of buying JomSocial). If my members can't use messaging then the whole purpose of the site is defeated.

PLEASE HELP

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

Can you tell me step to step how can i find display like you said (like your screenshot), what menu must i click, or which section i can see that.. please tell me step by step because there are so many menu in jomsocial and i can't remember what every menu display..

for the 2nd issue just disable kunena groups component.. i have been disable it :)

Warm Regards,

David

Attachment ss.png not found

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for disableing kuenena groups plug-in messaging seems to be working well now.

Also thanks for helping with the mail queue, I can see that the site that there is now a new entry in the mail queue.

to produce the screenshot that I sent I did this:
Select the profile view of any member. When you scroll down their profile view screen you will the their activity stream where they have become friends with other members. It is in this "friending" activity stream that I see {target} instead of names.

Jim Capraro

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

After i saw your database created, you used your old database right? i saw it created 4 years ago >.<
If you used olda database i can suggest you for 2 things :
1. Just delete those activities, and they will not show up anymore.
2. If they do, you are most likely using outdated language file (if not English)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks David, is there a way to delete old activities for all (851) users easily and quickly? If not in Jomsocial, maybe directly in MySQL?

Also now that the mail queue (cronjob) is working I notice that the site is not sending out email notifications to alert a user that they have received email notifications. I have toggled all of the anti-spam settings. I have even purchased an Akimet API key, inserted it and turned on Akismet. But nothing seems to work, no email notifications are being sent

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

Since you've been backed up your database so i can try to delete your old activities using sql query.. if wrong thing happen so you still can use your backed up database :)

For cron job, i will assign this topic to other support team since i'm not expert in cron job :( Sorry for that jim..

Warm regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks so much David. You have been EXTREMELY helpful. I really appreciate the great support. I look forward to receiving help from the cron job team.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Sutanto
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński