Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Problem with access to courses

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

Hi,
I've got some essential problems at the very beginning of the testing stage.
I.
In case of a non-logged person who goes into the menu> Skills:
1. a blue bar is displayed, which reads "Free for members. When I click on "Enroll now", log as a Registered User, the "Enroll now" button is still there. Once I've clicked on it once again, a redirect loop appears and I cannot log out or do anything.

2. When I go on Guru as one of the Registered Users logged in JomSocial, no "Enroll now" or "Take this course" button is displayed. When I go on Guru site as another user from the same group - Registered - there is still no "Enroll Now" or "Take this course" button, but I have access to all the course parts (just like a Super User)
and
when I go on VascoSo (JomSocial component), I cannot see any profile settings (including i.a. notifications, logout), so there is no way to log out, or a false message is displayed that I am logged in (both cases occur)
3. Having entered the menu>Skills: I click as a non-logged person on "Take this course. When I try to log in, a "No such user" message is displayed, but when I try to register (on Guru) it suggests that such a user has already been added.
Our main goal is for each user to buy access to a course or enter the respective promo code.
Can you help me?
Regards
Szkice

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Mar,

Thank you for contacting us, this issue already assigned to Guru Developer, he will answer this asap on monday

thank you

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mar,

Your students (guru users) must log-in and register via Guru registration page, if they are registered via JomSocial, they will need to comlete the Guru profile too. After that, they will be able to enroll to Guru coures.

Kind Regards,
Alin

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

Alin Dinca wrote: if they are registered via JomSocial, they will need to comlete the Guru profile too.

What you said above is not really the answer to our question. But, to put the things in order, we would like to explain that in our case
(a user registered via JomSocial goes to guru component) clicks on Enroll and, this way, gets access to courses. So, to sump up: first of all, what you said is not true and second of all, this is not the problem in our case.
Could you read once again the problems we reported in the first post, that is:

1. See attachment: non-logged guest.jpg
A non-logged guest sees a blue bar displayed, which reads "Free for members". Despite "Free for members" setting, (see attachment: Free for members.jpg) the non-logged guest has free access to the course. A user logged in as a registered user (see attachment registered user.jpg) also has the kind of access attributed to Managers/SuperUsers (as you can see in the attachment).

In addition, when I click on "Enroll now", log as a Registered User, the "Enroll now" button is still there. Once I've clicked on it once again, a redirect loop appears and I cannot log out or do anything.

2. A registered member has a full access to the courses attributed to Managers/SuperUsers. But once they have clicked "Enroll now" as one of the Registered Users logged in JomSocial, no "Enroll now" or "Take this course" button is displayed. (see attachment After enroll no take this course.jpg). I can't either buy any course or use the promo code. Paradoxally, I lose my access, cause I've logged in.

For now, let's stop on these problems. Perhaps, a professional handling of these problems will fix the other irregularities.

Our main goal is for each user to buy access to a course or enter the respective promo code.
Please log in to our site, try to understand the problems and solve them or explain if it's the hosting provider's fault.
Best regards
Mar

Attachments:
6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,
We have already been waiting for you answer quite long. When are you going to solve this problem? It is clear that this problem is very fundamental and crucial for us to continue testing your software.
Looking forward to your answer.

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

AFTER 12 DAYS I HAVE NOTHING IN THIS CASE

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I am just doing some tests now and I will come back with my answer soon.

Thank you,
Alin

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hello,

We did some tests and is like that:
#1. Course were set as free for Members but the Lessons were set as Free for Guest - that way the guest can see them
#2. There should be set a price for plans - there was no price so the Registered can't buy the course. When you set it Free for some categories you should have a price for plans that will be applied for the rest of users. I added a price there and now Buy Now appear.

Please test again and let me know.
Thank you,
Alin

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi
Thank you for trying to solve the problem

Alin Dinca wrote: #1. Course were set as free for Members but the Lessons were set as Free for Guest - that way the guest can see them
#2. There should be set a price for plans - there was no price so the Registered can't buy the course. When you set it Free for some categories you should have a price for plans that will be applied for the rest of users.

But it is true only for the exact moment when you were looking at the problem. We were trying different settings, and we have left them that way by accident. But maybe in this case you are right.
But the main problem still remains.

NOW test the same scenario example:
A member-registered user can enter the promocode, and the price goes down to 0, but after clicking "Checkout" there is still no access to the lessons for members. There is no message "Login successful" or anything like that, but the login form for members and or a request to register as a student appear.

Please, try a scenario with "enroll" or "take this course" for an example user "member-registered"
Pay attention to what happens with access to lessons once you click "checkout" (with promo code gwozdzing) and it becomes impossible to log out.

To sum up
THE MAIN PROBLEM CONTINUES.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mar,

I tried to log in with Joomla login/registration form but this doesn't work. I logged in your site via JomSocial pages, with Margo account, I added in cart - How to use Guru - course, added "gwozdzing" promoicode, click on recalculate then Checkout, I was redirected to "My Courses" page then if I access that course, I can see available all course lessons.
Please let me know if this is not the real issue and if I can replicate the issue in other mode.

Kind Regards,
Alin

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,
We checked it once again after your answer with a new user and it didn't work. After two days without any attempts to access the courses, another new user managed to get access to the courses as you suggested in your e-mail. After that "success" the problem is back: we cannot provide any new user with access to courses again. We've created many new aliases of our e-mail box to test access, but each new user can register and log in, but the process collapses at the stage of checkout. - see the whole problem in post no. #175983.
What we propose for you is to create three new users and check access for them one by one. Because the access can work for one user only, but not for more than one. We don't want to bother you any more, so please specify the time by which we will get the solution to the problem.
Kind regards
Mar

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Unfortunately I can not replicate the issue, I created three students - user_test_1, user_test_2 and user_test_3 and for each student, I logged with that account, I can click on "Take This Course", I was redirected to cart, I added that promocode, clicked on Recalculate button then Checkout.
A new free order was created and I can access the course lessons.

Kind Regards,
Alin

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Alin.

I was able to replicate the issue.
Please, watch my video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhTOSzaJ3kw

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mar,

Now I can see the real issue, but I need to debug the issue on your site, I tried to log on ftp but seems that this doesn't work anymore. Please let me know if ftp account was changed.

Kind Regards,
Alin

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński