Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Error 500 on group page

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

On that your test. domain, I also see error 500 internal server error, but that is not coming from Jomsocial, maybe this issue is related.. please check this page
test.lotsman.ru/index.php?option=com_ari...3&Itemid=288&lang=ru

Anyway, is it possible if you change your server to Apache instead nginx? it can be caused by the server nginx itself.

thank you!

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yuriy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That error is because ariquiz component is not installed on test site (I imported menu from old site to test migration process).
I'm surprised by your proposal to change server to apache. Nginx is a very common server, many sites work on it, I use it from 2008 or 2009 with different versions of Joojma and Jomsocial. I believe the problem is not related to nginx. Btw apache it not listed in system requirements of Jomsocial.

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Yuriy,

I just give you some solutions, so please try use apache if its possible.. indeed Joomla and Jomsocial are working great with nginx, but with nginx its bit hard to debug the issue..

So if possible please try to use apache, I am curious this issue is not coming from Jomsocial but from Server confguration itself.. since most of internal error 500 caused by server configuration

thank you

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yuriy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I can't change server to apache. It's impossible for me now. There's another working site on this server, I need them both working in the near future - by the beginning of the school year, and have no time to configure all over again. :( I can change some server configuration if you think it's the cause.

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Do you know the sys-admin expert to know the detail issue? if we know the detail issue, this problem can be solved easily,

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yuriy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

No. But I hoped you are such expert! :) I provided you all access to server that you asked, I can also provide you any other information to help to get the details!

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I am sorry we cant help too much on server issue, especially this is nginx, personally I dont have any good knowladge with nginx, if you are using Apache we will try the best to help :)

But I will ask another team to help this issue, if possible you contact amazon support center to ask some pointers to them, please? console.aws.amazon.com/support/home#/

thank you

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yuriy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I can contact Amazon support center but I have no idea what to ask them. Really I can't ask them about error with jomsocial. And all software are installed by myself: php, mysql, nginx and others - on clear ubuntu server provided by Amazon. So what can I ask them? Tell me if you have ideas. I think every company supports only software that provided or installed by them.
Now I'll try to migrate JS from old version again via all available versions...

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Just ask to them, what is the detail error when see groups page, because its only showing internal server only, no-further information, in another hand our lead developer is inspecting this issue as well..

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yuriy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

They don't have access to my server. When I create virtual server (instance) on aws I get the key file for ssh authentification. They don't keep that file and that's only way to access server. There's even no root password in fresh installed system and ssh authentification by password is off. Of course I can make root access for them but only they can say - "We know nothing about your server. You must know better what you have installed and how to investigate errors there." May be you can tell me what log files should I look in addition to ones I looked? I can also provide you ssh root access,

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yuriy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

So... I made all steps (migrating via all JS versions) and got the same error. On old site group page works on all versions (JS 4.1.7: lotsman.ru/component/community/groups/display?Itemid=1305 (try any group) but on new site it doesn't work: new.lotsman.ru/index.php?option=com_comm...s&Itemid=291&lang=ru (JS 4.3, the same was with 4.2)

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please check this links maybe it will help
www.digitalocean.com/community/questions...0-nginx-is-giving-me
serverfault.com/questions/579919/nginx-1...nternal-server-error

anyway, do you have htaccess file for nginx? maybe caused by it..

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yuriy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I looked your links.
Tried "fastcgi_intercept_errors on;" - it didn't give more information in logs. And I can't recompile nginx, I'm not so familiar with linux. But if I understand right it these articles told about errors on whole site, not separate page.
I have common htaccess from Joomla installation. I tried to rename it - it don't fix error.

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yuriy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Is there a way to resolve my problem? If it's in fact impossible, I want to get refund because today is 12 or 13 days from buying. :( (BTW link to your refund application form gets error 404).

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński