Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Users or Admin Cannot delete posts from walls

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

When a user posts something they cannot delete it, what could be causing this?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos Paulino.

Try to disable all plugins excluding: Authentication - Joomla, Azrul System Mambot For Joomla, User - Joomla!. The check if problem persist. If issue is gone try to enable plugins one by one to locate trouble maker.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Michal,

I tried this, and also tried changing the SEO settings. I also saw this post, IDK if it was mine but it is the same issue:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...delete-posts-on-feed

I really cant make our site live with all these issues. My main issues I need fixed ASAP are:

1. Login pop up window, does not resize properly and FB connect does not work on the popup.
2. Cannot delete posts
3. Join Group button does not change when clicked to either (invite friends, or request sent) - you have to refresh the browser to get it to look properly.

I know you have a couple of people looking at this, but if you could fix these three things for us, it would really help us getting our site live.

Thanks!

Marcos

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Still cannot delete posts, can anyone help?

thanks!

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Still cannot delete posts.

Help.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos Paulino.

All of your issue could be caused by 3rd party extensions.
To make sure: make a copy of your site (if you don't want to disable anything on live site) and then disable all extensions and plugins except: Authentication - Joomla, Azrul System Mambot For Joomla, User - Joomla!

If you do that, please give me a sign.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

I did this before, and I just did it again.

Let me try one last thing. could it be a javascript conflict, if so , what would be the best way to debug it?

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

I removed all the certify, support and analytic code from the template and the issue persists. I have a test install on the same server and the issue is not there.

Please let me know today if you can assist or not.

Thanks...

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos Paulino.

The best way is to disable all plugins and extensions, restore default Joomla! template.
If you made any customizations - revert them.

Also you could use FireBug to see if console will display any conflicts.
In your case no errors are displayed.

You could try to reinstall JomSocial on development site...

I had similar problem. In my case I had enabled activity stream module on the same page as main Activity Stream. I disabled that module and it worked ;)

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,

Thanks for your help. i had installed JS on a test sub-dir on the same server and it works just fine. I disabled all the plugins except for the ones you mentioned and the issue persists. Maybe all I have to do is replace a file. Or maybe it was the JS files that you guys sent me to fix the autoresizing isssue!!!! Thats gotta be it...

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos Paulino.

Ok, if you disabled all plugins and issue still persist then try (I hope that you have a safe copy):

- disable all unnecessary components and modules (they could also load some scripts)
- if it won't help, then reinstall JomSocial

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

It was the JS files you sent me to fix the windows auto-resizing issue. I put the original files back and I can now delete, but now the windows do not resize properly again..

Please see my other ticket and notify the team of what has happened.

Marcos

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos Paulino.

We're sorry for every inconvenience.
We working to fix that issue and will provide you with fixed js file ASAP.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos Paulino.

The fix is here :) It fixes modal window size and you still should be able to delete posts.
Please check if it works for you (remember to clean browser cache after applying it to website).

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Rousseau, Lilith, Marcos, VLADISLAV
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński